ReadyMadeRC!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome!

Navigator

Welcome!

Hi All,

I hope this section of the forum will be a great way for users to share information, ask questions, etc, about equipment available from ReadyMadeRC. We'll try to pop in here and keep us as much as we can, but if you have a customer service need please contact us directly at www.readymaderc.com/support and we'll reply very quickly! This is a community based forum, and we hope to see everyone pitching in to help each other, as most of us have already been doing in various forums for a long time already! When we're particularly busy, we make sure we're answering support tickets and taking care of customers directly on the web page and may not be on the forums as much. Our core goals are to deliver super fast shipping, and fast, KNOWLEDGEABLE customer support.

If you have any problems with equipment or service, we have no problem with you posting here. I do ask that you contact us and give us a chance to fix your problems. I think most customers of ours would vouch for the fact that we do all we can to take care of them.

I won't delete negative post unless they are "over the top" (malicious, overly rude, etc...) I don't expect this to be a problem, however.

Tim
    Last edited by ReadyMadeRC; 23rd April 2014 at 12:25 PM.

Fly first, crash later... KeyserSoze40's Avatar
    You need to add legal services to your website because I'm going to need an attorney to talk with the wife after I start stocking up on my FPV gear. Still in the research and planning stages, but I suspect I'll be providing feedback on your products and shipping soon. Good looking site, lots of gear... hopefully with what I learn here, I'll be posting some FPV videos in the near future. Appreciate your support of this site - it's nice to have a one stop shop for advice from the experts and a good business who can recommend parts.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by KeyserSoze40 View Post
    You need to add legal services to your website because I'm going to need an attorney to talk with the wife after I start stocking up on my FPV gear. Still in the research and planning stages, but I suspect I'll be providing feedback on your products and shipping soon. Good looking site, lots of gear... hopefully with what I learn here, I'll be posting some FPV videos in the near future. Appreciate your support of this site - it's nice to have a one stop shop for advice from the experts and a good business who can recommend parts.
    HAHA! Maybe a way to put in titles for the products that might make the wife feel better about the purchase if she finds the receipt later. "Interior latex paint" or some other home purchase.

I know you are very busy with your business and all, but when you get a chance, could you update your FPV EZ* build guide? Having it sort of tail off right at the "adding magnets to the cargo bay door" part is frustrating. Not complaining or anything, the existing document has been a Godsend on my current build. But it would be nice to have a finished guide.

Thanks!

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Wearyman View Post
    I know you are very busy with your business and all, but when you get a chance, could you update your FPV EZ* build guide? Having it sort of tail off right at the "adding magnets to the cargo bay door" part is frustrating. Not complaining or anything, the existing document has been a Godsend on my current build. But it would be nice to have a finished guide.

Thanks!
    Yea, got bit by a couple things, but mostly lack of time. I at some point need to build a new Easy Star since mine has seen better days. I'll move that up the list of priorities, though. I should at least be able to add some additional text to the pictures that are there.

Quote Originally Posted by ReadyMadeRC View Post
    I at some point need to build a new Easy Star for Sentry since he's a pretty kool guy.
    I am? SWEET!
    "I Like Waffles" : FPVLab on Facebook and FPVLab on Twitter

Thanks.

I have to say, your ideas for the cargo bay were really cool. Although I used Bamboo kabob skewers instead of fiberglass for the bay reinforcement. Once thing I noticed is that the CA tends to cause lumps around the magnets (in my case, sliced up hard drive neodymium magnets) preventing them from contacting solidly. How do you prevent this from happening?

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by SENTRY View Post
    I am? SWEET!
    Hmm...not sayin' you aren't a pretty kool guy...but... lol

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Wearyman View Post
    Thanks.

I have to say, your ideas for the cargo bay were really cool. Although I used Bamboo kabob skewers instead of fiberglass for the bay reinforcement. Once thing I noticed is that the CA tends to cause lumps around the magnets (in my case, sliced up hard drive neodymium magnets) preventing them from contacting solidly. How do you prevent this from happening?
    Part of what I haven't finished when it comes to the guide... I put painters tape on the side that's going to go toward the other magnet and I use EPOXY, not CA. I put the magnets in the plan first and let the epoxy cure, then I put them in the hatch. You just have to use a lot of painters tape, or I use wax paper, to keep the epoxy from sticking the hatch to the fuselage and either hold it all in place till the epoxy cures or wrap some tape or rubber bands around it to hold it. Very similar to the magnets used in the my pods
    http://www.readymaderc.com/store/man...yGliderPod.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by ReadyMadeRC View Post
    Part of what I haven't finished when it comes to the guide... I put painters tape on the side that's going to go toward the other magnet and I use EPOXY, not CA. I put the magnets in the plan first and let the epoxy cure, then I put them in the hatch. You just have to use a lot of painters tape, or I use wax paper, to keep the epoxy from sticking the hatch to the fuselage and either hold it all in place till the epoxy cures or wrap some tape or rubber bands around it to hold it. Very similar to the magnets used in the my pods
    http://www.readymaderc.com/store/man...yGliderPod.pdf
    Ahh.

I've been using the white Gorilla Glue (the foaming kind) and then edging around the perimeter of the glued area with Gorilla's "Super Glue" which is a foam-safe CA derivative glue. I then spritz the CA with water to force-cure it. However, the GG tends to push the CA up to make a "ridge" around the magnet, creating a gap between the hatch and the plane body.

I ended up very carefully picking and slicing the hardened CA ridge off, but the magnets were still rather low as I think I dug the holes a bit too deep. There is still a gap, but the hatch holds. (I just wouldn't put a battery on top of it.) In the end I semi-solved the "gap" problem by taking snippets of steel strapping and laying them on top of the plane body magnets, thus increasing the height of the magnetic area, and bringing them into direct contact with the hatch magnets. It's not perfect, but for a first timer, I think it came out OK. Worst case scenario, I make a hinge from Extreme Tape on the front edge of the hatch to keep it from blowing off.