Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Lumenier QAV540G build is finished and ready to fly

My Lumenier QAV540G build is finished and ready to fly

My Lumenier QAV540G build is finished and ready to fly.

I think I have finally got a fine tune on the BaseCam program. Later today I will make it's maiden flight and see what the video looks like.

Here are a couple of pics of the finished QAV540G.

Last edited by CanyonRunVideos; 24th July 2013 at 11:13 AM.
    Kent Elliott
    Video Producer
    Canyon Run Videos
    canyonrunvideos.com
    sales@canyonrunvideos.com

ImmersionRC Support Guru swillhide's Avatar
    Looks good man! Love the LED add ons for the arms.
    AMA # 1015480 HAM Callsign # Procrastinating..
    Futaba 9c w/Ezuhf /Skywalker 1880 or anything else that I can Lawn Dart.
    Retired: Disco(Sold), Skywalker 1900(Dirt Nap), Qav540g/Nazav2/Iosd mk2

Navigator
    looks very nice. any tips on the build?

Thanks, my Quad was purchased about 45 days before the launch of the QAV540G as a QAV500. I actually had Tim Nilson build my QAV500 except for the radio equipment and the FPV equipment that I did myself.

The tear down and building the new clean levels of the QAV540G were easy enough but I was happy to see that there was a manual on the gimbal.

The difficult part was the AlexMos Brushless Control Board. I finally learned that you hook up the pitch control on the gimbal to Aux 3 on my radio receiver and you need to remove the 5v (red wire) out of the circuit.

I broke a small electrical item off of the board and had to ship it out to get repaired or I would give you the BaseCam settings to you.

After I put the QAV540G all together and went out for the maiden flight..... it seemed all was good but all of a sudden the quad began to rotate to the left. I then began to correct it by rotating the quad back to the right. When I rotated the quad back to a straight plane the quad did a very quick dip on the #1 motor corner. I was flying in Attitude Mode and after the quad dipped on the #1 motor corner the Attitude mode seemed to go bye bye and felt like I was flying in Manual Mode so I quickly landed it.

That was a week ago and I have been trying everything I could learn why my quad is flying so badly. If anyone has any ideas please give me a shout back.

Here is a short video showing my QAV540G getting squirrely in the air.

Thanks,

UPDATE

All I did to fix the problem was to install Geaupner 11x5 E-props. I fired up my QAV540G and it flew perfectly. That was three weeks ago and my QAV540G is still flying perfectly.
    Last edited by CanyonRunVideos; 29th August 2013 at 02:52 PM.
    Kent Elliott
    Video Producer
    Canyon Run Videos
    canyonrunvideos.com
    sales@canyonrunvideos.com

Hows it goin man nice build!! Ive been facing a similar problem with my 540g i first built it around an openpilot cc3d board and it flew amazing but recently ive switched it to my naza v1 and uploaded the v2 firmware first 3.16 then i backtracked to 3.14 and thats what im currently using but i think ive narrowed the problem down to my escs or motors because ive changed or eliminated every other component i thought was causing the problem, im running getfpv30a simonk escs and tiger motor 2216 800kv motors with graupner 10x5s, what motors and escs are you using?

ImmersionRC Support Guru swillhide's Avatar
    I have had a problem in the past like that and tracked it down to a bad Naza controller. I am not saying this is your problem but its a little weird that they are so similar.
    AMA # 1015480 HAM Callsign # Procrastinating..
    Futaba 9c w/Ezuhf /Skywalker 1880 or anything else that I can Lawn Dart.
    Retired: Disco(Sold), Skywalker 1900(Dirt Nap), Qav540g/Nazav2/Iosd mk2

Ya id be the first one to jump on that wagon lol i hate naza in all honesty but it has features that are indispensible for AP that open pilot doesnt quite have yet but they will soon REVO. But anyways that was the first thing i checked, i put my naza into a f450 and it flew great put back in the qav and crap again, not saying that may or may not be canyonruns problem but i think ive ruled that out as my problem..

Canyon run is your naza controller v1 if so is it new or have you had it for a while? Back when I first got mine there was a problem with the sun shining through the case and messing with the baro sensor that caused weird yaw effects, not exacly like what your experiencing but close it was a simple fix and may be worth a try just electrical tape the sides of the naza main controller.

The first thing I would do is get the magnetic declination adjusted with the NAZA GPS, it's called Toilet Bowl-ing....and that is what it "Looks" like from what I saw.

adjust the Naza mushroom to the right or left, Backlash mentioned this the other day - it'll either get worse or better. Rotate to better...
    "Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills"- Author unknown

KF7TRX

So you mean instead of having the gps wire facing directly to the front of the craft as the manual states, try to rotate it a bit till it gets better? And calibrate it every time between or don't calibrate it in between?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast