FPVLAB

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FPV Wiki

FPV Wiki

Just thought I could get the first step of creating a wiki down... Now comes the hard part.

There are probably a lot of people on the forum who could help create the wiki, and even more who would be wiling to add content once it is up.

If you look at how many guests are on at any given time you can see how many people are behind the scenes just reading. If we can create a wiki where content is easily accessible, it will allow many people who aren't interested in posting to just get the info and start flying. If we can make learning to fly fpv easier, more people will fly, retailers make more money and hence there is a bigger market for cool fpv toys!

Its a win win! The time spent creating a wiki equals better fpv technology.

EDIT: http://fpvwiki.wikispaces.com/
    Last edited by PilotKeeg; 11th October 2011 at 12:38 AM.

I can of course get us the space and location --- this (for now) should be the breainstoriming phase. What topics/products will be covered --- etc. We really need the outline - and organize it in the best way. The dangerous part about the WIKI IS the ease of availability. All people don't have good intentions. I'd much rather have at least a login required for the WIKI access. It gives "something" that we can potentially track in the event that this tech gets used for something that we don't recommend. With any great technology there also comes great responsibilty.
    Last edited by SENTRY; 10th October 2011 at 03:22 PM.
    "I Like Waffles" : FPVLab on Facebook and FPVLab on Twitter

Sentry... I have to disagree with you here.

You cant let a actions of a few people destroy a whole community.

You can't stop criminals from doing ANYTHING, I believe you are mistaken if you think not creating a wiki will somehow prevent a crazy person from using a model airplane for evil acts.

I do agree that we should start planning out what will be covered however. I might draw a web outlining a logic structure.

Quote Originally Posted by PilotKeeg View Post
    Sentry... I have to disagree with you here.

You cant let a actions of a few people destroy a whole community.

You can't stop criminals from doing ANYTHING, I believe you are mistaken if you think not creating a wiki will somehow prevent a crazy person from using a model airplane for evil acts.
    Besides, I see it this way:

Its not a matter of if a wiki will be made, its a matter of when. Wouldn't it be best to have the wiki be made the right way?
    Last edited by PilotKeeg; 10th October 2011 at 04:55 PM.

Pilot
    the login yes, but for edit access :P

If it's a matter of needing immediate space/database to run it, I can have that in place by tonight. Of course when you're ready it can all be moved to FPVLAB. Just say the word!

Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post
    If it's a matter of needing immediate space/database to run it, I can have that in place by tonight.
    That would be awesome Keith!!! I was thinking about using the mediawiki software as it seems to be the nicest looking wiki package around

I did a quick outline of FPV stuff attached below. It mainly covers physical objects not ideas or opinions. Maybe individual pages could cover the ideas behind the objects (ex. Don't use 2.4ghz rc when using 2.4ghz video) or (ex. A LC fliter is needed when using one battery for flight and fpv systems)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4917.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	86.4 KB 
ID:	3529  
    Last edited by PilotKeeg; 10th October 2011 at 05:46 PM.

Or maybe the main pages could serve as the general information keepers

FPV -> Antennas (general knowledge about antennas ex. increase of 6dbi doubles range, more gain, more directivity) -> IBCrazy Cloverleaf

Laurel, MD between Washington D.C. / Baltimore
    There are great public relations opportunities here. The truth needs to be told in order to combat the misinformation now circulating in the main stream media.
    Airplanes LIKE to fly : Helicopters WANT to kill you.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast