Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Mobius ActionCam

Cor blimey, guv'nor!
    Mine arrived the other day - looks good!

Really easy to mount with the quick-release holder. Apparently it was very much deigned with the FPV'er in mind, as well as for all that normal boring stuff (base-jumping, white water rafting etc.)

The firmware is always being updated, so I imagine that 'Card Full' box will soon be an option you can deselect.

For those wanting to try this as an FPV camera (yes, all the standard caveats apply), what I've never noted before on any other camera is an option to select TV-out as standard 4:3 - which is very cool.

The quality seems at least GP2 standard in 1080P/30 - maybe even sharper. Very impressive little beastie! Great low-light performance too!

Here are the config options...

Last edited by Ian Davidson; 22nd July 2013 at 04:14 AM.

yeah I really like that it doesn't seem (to me) to oversaturate the colors like the GPH2 does..

They will probably soon add the colour configuration options in the firmware which will enable you to tweak the colours to your liking similar to the #16 keychain cam:

Cor blimey, guv'nor!
    You do have this configuration screen, but I haven't played with it yet...

That's just for the Title colours in the configuration program. A bit useless methinks.

Cor blimey, guv'nor!
    Quote Originally Posted by Moelich View Post
    That's just for the Title colours in the configuration program. A bit useless methinks.
    Ha! Yes, good point! I did say I hadn't played with it

Looks cool and very complete for the low price! Thx for the screenshots and info posts guys, makes pre-buy decision easier!

Martin
    Learning by doing...

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by IceWind View Post
    A word of warning on the Mobius and specially while doing FPV and using the live video out.
    When the card gets full the camera displays a big black box with the letters "Card Full" in the screen, problem is that the box almost completly
    covers the image. Luckily I was using it on my RC car.

It looks as if the developer was thinking "Oh so they still want to use this as a live camera... let me add a whole lot of black padding around the error message so that they learn their lesson once and for all.".

Quote Originally Posted by turdsurfer View Post
    It looks as if the developer was thinking "Oh so they still want to use this as a live camera... let me add a whole lot of black padding around the error message so that they learn their lesson once and for all.".
    Hehe.
    Their spokesperson did mention that they will probably change it to red text on transparent background so you can still see what is going on.

Navigator
    I just uploaded my first test with the Mobius Actioncam on a quadcopter:

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast