Thread: Elogger V2 (usb not recognized) steady RED LED on

Forum Member

Elogger V2 (usb not recognized) steady RED LED on

I have a micropower elogger v2 that was working fine, I downloaded the Legacy 5.12 software and did a firmware update and everything go thru perfectly but after disconnecting the power , when I put the power back on I only get a RED steady on LED....Device Manager says "can't start"

I connected the LCD panel and its blank, it will not display USB CONNECTED or USB MODE

Any ideas on how to fix it?

Forum Member
    Hi, it sounds like something went wrong in the firmware update. Is it possible that you had a newer version of the software than 5.12 when you last updated the eLogger? Unfortunately, based on the symptoms, the unit cannot be recovered. It could only be recovered if it can be seen correctly by the PC when connected to USB.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLETREE View Post
    Hi, it sounds like something went wrong in the firmware update. Is it possible that you had a newer version of the software than 5.12 when you last updated the eLogger? Unfortunately, based on the symptoms, the unit cannot be recovered. It could only be recovered if it can be seen correctly by the PC when connected to USB.
    I used 5.12 and it was recognized when I first plug it in and it said there was a newer firmware available so I did the update and I got the "update was successful" or something like that. when I tried to set the power panel display it says the logger was not connected so I disconnected the v2 elogger and put it back and got the steady red led.

When I connected the elogger in my other computer it installed a driver that said elogger v1/v2 or something like that but the software didnt recognized it. the RED led is still steady on

Forum Member
    Hi, if the other computer is seeing it but it is not recognized, I'm thinking the hardware of the eLogger must have failed, or it's possibly still an issue with the firmware update. Regardless, unfortunately its not going to be usable at this point. If you want to open a ticket with us at http://ticket.eagletreesystems.com, we can discuss options.

Forum Member
    nevermind