Thread: Naza flight controller issue - reverse polarity

Naza flight controller issue - reverse polarity

Ok I've already sent this into Dave but I figured I would also ask the wider audience incase someone else has accidentally done this before. did stupid mistake of briefly reversing polarity to my dji naza unit.. everything appears fine as far as LEDs on the Vu unit and its ability to correctly flash the mode I am in via my 3 position switch. Also I do see the red led under the main unit cover eliminated correctly and also I can correctly calibrate it in the assistant and write the config. However when I plug in the battery now I do not get the noise that the escs normally make (its silent) but I'm just scratching my head here. Thoughts from anyone else that may have done this before?

Anyone? I'm anxious to install all of my new stuff from RMRC but I'm stuck.. Been doing a bunch more reading on this forum and on the web, and at this point it looks like my ESCs (even though they are the stock DJI ones that come with the ARF kit) may have become uncalibrated possibly, thus not allowing them to arm, when I reversed the current. Is that possible for these ESCs?

In doing some more searching in trying to fix that, it looks like you just turn on transmitter, turn throttle to full, Plug the little cable from the ESC to the throttle channel on the receiver, plug in each ESC to the battery, turn throttle all the way down, then unplug each ESC, then plug back into NAZA.. it looks like this applies to aftermarket turnigy ESCs, but can't find definitevly if this works with the DJI rebranded ones. I'm re-new to this as when I used to fly everything was gas and 72mhz /w NiCAD so I'm having to relearn a bunch of stuff to understand all the new things with LIPOs, ESCs, and such so any and all help would be appreciated! I would just find it odd that all of the ESCs would be bad and the FC is still good... Any other thoughts on why my ESCs will not arm?

note everything was running 100% (naza, gps, esc, camera, transmitter) before I reversed the current for probably .5 of a second.. Now my only issue is the ESCs not arming thus, not being able to take off the ground.

Do you have the motors plugged in? The noise actually comes from the motors, not the ESCs. If the motors are plugged in then I don't know.

Yep motors are plugged in.. In trying other troubleshooting steps I bypassed the escs all together and tried an extra ESC I have and motor was able to start and run fine. At this point it looks like I may have fried the 4 escs. I should know more when my replacement parts come in.. Hoping its just the escs and not the naza.

Hi, if you use the Flamewheel-kit from DJI perhaps the power connection board ( the lower board) is burned internally. I made the same mistake and found a connection break between the red battery cable connection and number 3 ESC positive connection.You might try to do a resistance check at all soldered connections. My solution after finding the brake was to solder a jumper between the to red wires. Everything works just fine and my Flamewheel flies just perfect, no damage to the electronic parts what I have found.

Quote Originally Posted by akeeng View Post
    Hi, if you use the Flamewheel-kit from DJI perhaps the power connection board ( the lower board) is burned internally. I made the same mistake and found a connection break between the red battery cable connection and number 3 ESC positive connection.You might try to do a resistance check at all soldered connections. My solution after finding the brake was to solder a jumper between the to red wires. Everything works just fine and my Flamewheel flies just perfect, no damage to the electronic parts what I have found.
    That's what happened. Thanks!

Thanks

THANK YOU.. this happened to me, and your post allowed me to very quickly identify and fix the problem..brilliant

Solution for me was to solder a short wire between the red connector coming in from the battery and the red connector on the board for one of the ESCs.. all fixed and working perfectly now...

Thanks again