Thread: CAIPIRINHA servo jamming w TBS elec kit -- diagnosis bad servo or ?

CAIPIRINHA servo jamming w TBS elec kit -- diagnosis bad servo or ?

I'm hoping someone may know what's going on with my Cap servo...

So, built the cap, using all TBS electronics kit/servos, plus ezUHF Tx and 8-channel lite Rx, Futaba T8J -- everything was working fine for a few days. However, since last night the left CH1 AIL servo will work for short period of time just fine and then all of the sudden it will flip up and jam all the way up -- sometimes this happens right on power up, sometimes after I'm working on adjusting ailerons, and in fact it just happened while I wasn't even touching the sticks (it just started to move on it's own and twitched up and then went fully up rapidly). The right servo is working as it should and hasn't shown any of this behavior....

I tried switching my CH1 / 2 between servos and ezUHF Rx to determine if it's something in the radio/Tx/Rx/etc but the left side servo still had the exact same twitch->jam behavior occur...this tells me that it *seems* to be a servo problem, but I've been working only with quads (no servos) and this is my first wing

I also confirmed it wasn't a power issue, as I tried it with fresh batts in both wing and radio.

Any thoughts would help as I don't see a fix in sight at the moment...basically there appears to be a ghost in my system

I have the video of it doing this -- I can post if anyone thinks it will help out...
    Last edited by Black Top; 5th July 2013 at 06:52 PM.

Still having the same issue -- unless someone has input I'm going to have to assume I received a faulty TBS servo and check in with Trappy for a replacement. Guess the Cap is grounded until further notice... this hobby is a bitch sometimes...

sounds like the pot is bad in the servo, send it in. Personally I always buy servos from my lhs, I know what im getting and can get parts and replacements when I need them. If you strip one and you cant get gears you have to but 2 more servos, just a thought. I put hs 56 metal gear, they are pricey but I never have problem with them.
    Not an expert, just follow direction well....

Thanks for your input j5coat, sucks as it's brand new and glued in now perfectly (worked fine on all initial tests before gluing)....agree on the benefits of purchasing items at your lhs, guess I'm learning my lessons...

I have no doubt Trappy will replace it, but it's 2-3+ weeks by the time it's packed, shipped, and arrived...a beautiful plane sitting grounded in the middle of summer because of a little piece of cheap Chinese plastic...

CAIPIRINHA servo jamming w TBS elec kit -- diagnosis bad servo or ?

@trappy -- should I send you an email for replacement or do you have any suggestions?

Thx

aklim, yes this one needs to be replaced

edit
    Last edited by tone2138; 28th April 2014 at 03:09 AM.