FPVLAB

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Flytron OpenLRS flashing problems

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IBCrazy View Post
    Hit the compile button to be sure there isn't a typo before uploading. If you can't get it to work, send it to me and I'll get it working.

-Alex
    Yeah, no joy. I first tried ensuring that the ESC power cable was connected correctly. Got more activity on the RX LEDs, but no bind. Then I reflashed using the files I had already, no change. Finally I recopied and recreated the binding.h file (copied the raw into notepad and saved as binding.h) and tried again, still no luck.

What I find interesting Alex is that my TX beeps at about double the rate that yours does when it goes into binding mode. I'll get an initial beep at the same rate as yours for about 4 beeps, and then it just goes NUTS. EG: Beep, Beep, Beep, Beep, BeepBeepBeepBeepBeepBeepBeepBeepBeepBeepBeepBeepBe epBeepBeepBeepBeep... Etc. Until I turn off my TX.

Any ideas?
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][SIZE=3][I][B]FPV - The World is My Airfield[/B][/I][/SIZE][/FONT]

Forum Member
    I guess you have selected wrong 'board' on arduino. It must be "mini/pro mini atmega328 5v 16MHz".

You may also try the DTF UHF companion software which is compatible with all HW supported by openLRSng.
    http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...9&postcount=56

Forum Member
    As far I can tell from a short look at the source code of openLRSng you should be able to connect with your ftdi cable to it and get debug messages printed out to a terminal emulator. A great program for this is putty. I don't know if there are any points to be considered before hooking up the ftdi cable to the tx and powering it with another battery at the same time.

Download&start putty, select serial communication and select the com port of the ftdi adapter. The baud rate of the output is 115200 so set this in putty as well. After opening the connection you should see some messages from the tx.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kha View Post
    I guess you have selected wrong 'board' on arduino. It must be "mini/pro mini atmega328 5v 16MHz".

You may also try the DTF UHF companion software which is compatible with all HW supported by openLRSng.
    http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...9&postcount=56
    Except that I have the 3.3v FTDI and it won't flash AT ALL when I select the 5v option. If you read back up you will see that was my first issue. I suppose I could have the wrong FTDI, but I only saw the 3.3v one when I bought my OpenLRS, so I got that one.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][SIZE=3][I][B]FPV - The World is My Airfield[/B][/I][/SIZE][/FONT]

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by schugabe View Post
    As far I can tell from a short look at the source code of openLRSng you should be able to connect with your ftdi cable to it and get debug messages printed out to a terminal emulator. A great program for this is putty. I don't know if there are any points to be considered before hooking up the ftdi cable to the tx and powering it with another battery at the same time.

Download&start putty, select serial communication and select the com port of the ftdi adapter. The baud rate of the output is 115200 so set this in putty as well. After opening the connection you should see some messages from the tx.
    Not sure how I would connect the FTDI when the TX board is inside the module case where the connection pins are covered up. (You have to remove the board from the case to flash the TX module)

I did note the 115200 baud rate on the Flytron forums and I had already set that on the FTDI COM port.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wearyman View Post
    Not sure how I would connect the FTDI when the TX board is inside the module case where the connection pins are covered up. (You have to remove the board from the case to flash the TX module)

I did note the 115200 baud rate on the Flytron forums and I had already set that on the FTDI COM port.
    Cut a hole on the backcover to make the header accessible, with openLRSng you will need to access it time to time to do configuration changes / updates.

It is quite easy.

- With backcover in place cut a strip away from the upper end of the sticker locate the serial header thru the cover and draw a outline.

- Take the cover off and cut a slot according to the outline. This can be done using soldering iron to melt thru the plastic, or by small drill and a file.

This will allow easy acces to the serial while the module is inside the radio.

Forum Member
    I was away over the 4th weekend and haven't had the chance to get back to this since my last post. but does anyone know what might be going on with the fast beeping issue?

Forum Member
    I am having a similar issue I got my TX and RX yesterday. Apparently they both flashed ok. But when i try to bind them no go. I get a fast beepbeepbeep from the TX then I power the RX for a 3 sec i get a solid red LED on the RX. Then after power everithing down I power the TX then the RX and no servo movement at all with a solid red led on the RX. HELP

I guess I will try to re-flash the RX and TX again tonight.

PS. I have 3 RX and 2 of them I have flashed with the openLRSng and same results.

Quote Originally Posted by Wearyman View Post
    Yeah, no joy. I first tried ensuring that the ESC power cable was connected correctly. Got more activity on the RX LEDs, but no bind. Then I reflashed using the files I had already, no change. Finally I recopied and recreated the binding.h file (copied the raw into notepad and saved as binding.h) and tried again, still no luck.

What I find interesting Alex is that my TX beeps at about double the rate that yours does when it goes into binding mode. I'll get an initial beep at the same rate as yours for about 4 beeps, and then it just goes NUTS. EG: Beep, Beep, Beep, Beep, BeepBeepBeepBeepBeepBeepBeepBeepBeepBeepBeepBeepBe epBeepBeepBeepBeep... Etc. Until I turn off my TX.

Any ideas?

Forum Member

Flytron openLRSng not Binding

I need some help!!

Here is what I have

1-Futaba 9Cap TX
    1-Flytron OPENLRS M3 1W TX MODULE FOR FUTABA
    3 Flytron OPENLRS RECEIVER V2
    1-3.3V FTDI FOR ARDUINO

I have flashed the boards using kh4/openLRSng and following the instructions also watched the ibcrazy video to confirmed that i was doing it correctly. Everything went "well". But when I went to the binding part of the procedure I cant get the TX and RX to talk to each other. I have follow all the instructions and i get the fast beeps from the TX and I power the RX for a couple of sec I get a solid red led on the Rx but nothing else. I power everything off then TX on RX on no servo response. I have tested the servo and radio using a 72mhz system and works ok.

When I power the TX with the openlrs I get the green led on the back witch I understand is that the TX is working correctly and Transmitting signal.

Any Ideas? PLEASE HELP!!

Thanks
    Last edited by jcancel; 9th July 2013 at 03:14 PM.

Forum Member
    Does the faster beeping stop when you release the button? If you press the button on the tx longer than 5 seconds it resets all settings and this might be indicated by the fast beeps.
    How far away are the rx/tx placed? You did not mention it that you are aware of this issue but it is important to have some distance (a few meters should be enough) during binding.

I suggest the following:

1. Download the last stable release (currently https://github.com/kh4/openLRSng/archive/v2.1.zip )
    2. Ensure you have latest arduino editor+drivers for ftdi adapter
    3. Extract the folder and open readme.md
    4. Follow setup instructions (set board type as mentioned to "Arduino Pro or Pro Mini (5V, 16MHz) w/ atmega328", ...)
    5. Without any modification upload firmware to rx
    6. Uncomment (remove the //) of the line //#define COMPILE_TX in the file openLRSng.ino, save the changes and upload firmware to tx
    7. Insert TX back to transmitter, press button and power on transmitter. Wait for two seconds and release button, tx should beep
    8. Remove antenna from RX, move it away 5 meters and power rx, wait for few seconds
    9. remove power from rx and tx

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast