FPVLAB

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: "Drones" in the news again with mention of TBS as one of the villains

CNN is biased towards holograms and touch screen tvs, and holograms of touch screen tvs.

I have no clue what you are trying to say right now J.

Quote Originally Posted by RandallJ View Post
    All news agencies are biased one way or the other..
    Did I say, or even imply, that they weren't?

Fox is the only one with a right leaning bias so they get singled out..
    Not being too familiar with their work, I thought they were singled out because their bias is particularly blatant.

As for your freedom of the press spiel, I raheally don't know how you managed to go off on such a tangent but I'm sure there are folks at Fox who would be more inclined towards censorship than I. I certainly don't resent the existence of Fox News.

If you can't see the irony of a notoriously biased news organisation having the slogan "Fair & Balanced", then I don't know what to tell you.
    Get out there and give it all you've got, and win just one for the Zipper.

Just that they're a joke.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	23.0 KB 
ID:	28126

hehe, when did this happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Carbon View Post
    Jebus guys. Everyone knows that Fox news and CNN are horribly biased news programs. I don't listen to them because of this. Just personal preference, I want to know that the information I'm getting is as accurate as possible.
    Personally I prefer to get any news I care about from the New York Times, Wallstreet Journal, or my world news from the BBC. Although no source is truly "unbiased" they do a pretty good job of relaying information and leaving their political agenda out of it.

The BBC not biased? Ha!
    "Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills"- Author unknown

KF7TRX

didn't say that Scott. I said I prefer to get my world new from them because they are less biased than our nightly news here in the US.

Ok, the media is biased, and we all lean towards one of those biases or the other. I didn't mean for this thread to become as politically charged as it is, but here we are. I just wanted to bring up the article to this community since those who read it and do not know anything about our hobby and subsequently happen to come across one of us flying they may be more likely to take a more anti-FPV stance than an open minded one.

I like to try and educate people on the hobby when the topic comes up, and for the most part I get the positive and hobbyist aspect of FPV across, but in most cases the "so you can watch me in my back yard" or "someone could spy on someone real easy with these" comments comes up. But articles like this give the impression that those who fly FPV are "reckless" which is not true (except Trappy, because the FAA said so! )

Co-Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockeystud87 View Post
    Your a liberal, it shows, and look how bias your post are.
    LOL. This is so retarded I actually feel sorry for you and people like you. You have been fed the same bullshit partisan politics for so long that you only see things in black or white, left or right, Liberal or Conservative. I'm neither of those things. I have some strong traditional conservative views and some strong left wing liberal views. I do not consider myself neither one of those things because I'm not a ****ing retarded sheep that simply regurgitates whatever I've listened to on the morning radio.

I don't know why the FAA keep running with the "ducking for cover" story. it was our guy trying to catch the plane and he missed. he wasn't ducking he was jumping. and he wasn't a student he was in the mid 40's! I talked to the guy who wrote it, I think he did fairly well. Another journalist told me that this was the only case the FAA talks about publicly involving UAVs. Which made me grin a bit. In a country where UAVs for commercial purposes are banned and hundreds if not thousands are showing this off on TV and on the internet, they are quoting the case where one guy that was just having a bit too much fun

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast