Page 889 of 889 FirstFirst ... 389789839879887888889
Results 8,881 to 8,890 of 8890

Thread: The TBS DISCOVERY PRO - brushless gimbal quadcopter

Quote Originally Posted by BrunoBL View Post
    DWB80117, misterx, don't get me wrong, I built and have been enjoying my Disco Pro, but like many people I have been missing the better stabilization of 3-axis gimbals.
    I understand that! In my case, I set my gopro to 2.7K and during post production I scale it down to 1080 with some stabilization!

Ofcourse I know it's still the best to use a gimball. But I really still love my discovery. And for me it's the most elegant way of building and flying. And I don't like the idea of not being in full controll of the copter!

But ofcourse I would love to see a succesor to the discovery family with a 3axis gimbal!!!!

^^ +1

anyone here flying the tbs discovery pro with immersionrc 600mw 5.8 and TBS core pnp pro? please i need help with the wiring/setup

wtb new disco pro 2 with core pro integrated
    Taranis / EzUHF
    Penguin/RVOSD ; Disco/nazalite/ezosd; DiscoPro/nazav2/iosd
    All radio gear is ImmersionRC.

Navigator
    I have seen some shakes in my videos recently. Y tried to replace all gimbal rubbers but it didn't get better. What I see is that when frame does big shakes or there is a strong wind and gimbal must compensate for example, sometimes camera start looking down and recover again.

I have done a video in land of the behavior of the gimbal and I can add another one in flight of what the gopro sees.

PS: I cannot add a video through linker. So this is my link: https:// youtu.be/-RQVMayNwLo

I would try reloading profiles 1 and 2 and recalibrate gimbal to see if that fixes it
    flyin HIGH

Navigator
    Where can I get those profiles? I can't see them on the TBS webpage

under the support on TBS web site. go to support, down to multirotors, to the right go to disco pr gimbal factory settings, scrll down to bottom of page to dwnlod the 2profiles
    Last edited by doobie; 3rd July 2018 at 03:37 PM.
    flyin HIGH

Navigator
    Watching your video, it looks like the gimbal is out of balance, and at the lower power setting (with motor disarmed) the gimbal motors are stalling when you shake it aggressively. In any gimbal it's pretty important to situate the camera so that the gimbal is naturally balanced. You can test this by seeing if the gimbal has a preferred position when it is unpowered. Gravity will drag the heavy part downward. The acceleration from you shaking it is similar, but at probably a couple of g's. The gimbal was designed for the old Hero 2 and hero 3, but with other models, you may need to shim the camera a bit to get the camera in the right location for balance. Once the copter is armed, it should be less of an issue, as the power to the gimbal motors goes way up. Try taking the props off and arming it, and repeating the shake test. It will be more difficult to get the gimbal motors to stall.

Quote Originally Posted by BrunoBL View Post
    DWB80117, misterx, don't get me wrong, I built and have been enjoying my Disco Pro, but like many people I have been missing the better stabilization of 3-axis gimbals.
    I'm with you, Bruno. I've even extensively thought through and worked out ways to make a 3D gimbal myself but short of walking into a machine shop and working on a mill there arent effective solutions that dont weigh a ton. If it was even possible to buy a Disco Pro at this point I wouldn't recommend it to friends. I point everyone toward the mavic line. Besides, those are half the cost of what I bought my long range kit for back in the day, ignoring cost of a $400 gopro.

I am always conflicted when I look at my disco pro. I love the way it flies. I even still use the original Naza M V2 FC from when I first bought it. I got on this thread just now thinking I might upgrade it to fly with an F4 board using inav but quickly remembered the two main issues I have with the Disco pro that dont really make it worth doing (yet?):
    1. No 3D Gimbal available from TBS
    2. Flight time is 15 minutes worth a 5200mah 4s (biggest I can fit) without using the long arms and low kv motors.

I can upgrade the arms, but then it doesn't fit my case, lower kv motors probably perform worse in the wind, and why spend the money when it can go toward a Mavic?