Page 255 of 889 FirstFirst ... 155205245253254255256257265305355755 ... LastLast
Results 2,541 to 2,550 of 8890

Thread: The TBS DISCOVERY PRO - brushless gimbal quadcopter

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Elbosito View Post
    just got my TBS Disco Pro, now when i comes to the gimbal i am not able to connect by USB to update Firmware. I used the SimpleBCG software but i am not able to connect?
    Any hints here.
    THX
    Did you power up the TBS PRO with the lipo before trying to connect through USB? I think it is necessary to do it in this order otherwise it will not work.

Navigator

The TBS DISCOVERY PRO - brushless gimbal quadcopter

Quote Originally Posted by FeffeSvl View Post
    Did you power up the TBS PRO with the lipo before trying to connect through USB? I think it is necessary to do it in this order otherwise it will not work.
    Also, make sure you get the right drivers so your PC recognizes the com port you are using

Navigator
    Question to the TBS guys: are the Fatshark Dominator goggles on stock?

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by sanderx View Post
    Also, make sure you get the right drivers so your PC recognizes the com port you are using
    Yep, as it was written in the Manual, there is COM3 showing!? But in the Hardware List there is no Com Port showing.

Navigator

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Harris View Post
    GUYS! IMPORTANT>> READ THIS! NAZA V2's HAVE A BUG THAT I HAVE DISCOVERED AND IS NOT GOOD!!

http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread....639#post329639
    "good" to know, let us know if 3.16 fix this....

Navigator
    sanderx, did that already, installed the serial drivers as mentioned in the help section in the manual:
    "Issue: I can't connect to the Gimbal using the SimpleBGC software
    Solution: Ensure that the SiLabs CP210x drivers are installed, download them from bit.ly/bi3or4."

Navigator

Re: The TBS DISCOVERY PRO - brushless gimbal quadcopter

Quote Originally Posted by Elbosito View Post
    sanderx, did that already, installed the serial drivers as mentioned in the help section in the manual:
    "Issue: I can't connect to the Gimbal using the SimpleBGC software
    Solution: Ensure that the SiLabs CP210x drivers are installed, download them from bit.ly/bi3or4."
    Are you running version 2.1 version of simplebgc software? That's the version you should use initially. I asume you connected the lipo first and then plugged in the usb cable to the top plate of the tbs? If so, try a different computer to see if that works. It could be that the drivers didn't install correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by jdreitman View Post
    Thanks ryze, a few more questions for you...

When you talk about calibration, are you just talking about acc and gyro calibration? Or are you doing the full directional calibration?

With the profiles, do you select profile 1 from the drop-down and then hit "read" in order to start editing that profile? Then repeat the process for profile 2?
    Sorry for the late response. Actually when I say calibration I'm talking about all of the possible calibration methods. Most importantly is the full directional (accelerometer) calibration using the calib acc button. To select the profile to edit, I believe you have to select the profile from the drop down, then hit Write. Pressing "Read" will load up the current profile and settings from the board, which unless it's in the air, will be Profile 1.

There have been a few posts about the process buried somewhere in this thread, but basically it goes something like this:
    PROFILE 1
    1. Remove props.
    2. Plug in the battery
    3. Plug in the USB cable and launch the GUI
    4. Set Motor Power values to 0 - then WRITE (this will keep it from spazzing out while you calibrate)
    5. Make sure the Pro is on a level surface, then use something to make the gimbal level (camera facing forward) - I used chopsticks
    6. With the camera facing forward, press the Calib ACC button - watch the LED on the top plate. It will flash for a few seconds then go solid. (flashing = writing)
    7. Tilt the camera straight down, then press the Calib ACC button - Blue light flashing.... Once solid, move on.
    8. Tilt the camera straight up, then press the Calib ACC button - Blue light flashing.... Once solid, move on.
    9. Tilt the camera straight backwards, camera facing the rear, then press Calib ACC. - Blue light flashing.... Once solid, move on.
    10. Press Write
    11. Set the camera straight forward, triple check that everything is perfectly level and still, then press Calib Gyro - then Write.
    12. Change the motor power values back to 175 and 135, then press Write again.

Now I'm not sure if these next steps are completely necessary, but this is what I did.
    PROFILE 2
    12. Now select Profile 2 from the drop down. - press Write
    *The gimbal should be squealing now, and profile 2 should be still shown at the top
    13. Set the Motor Power to 0 on both - press Write.
    14.Click on the RC Settings Tab, and set ROLL to "no input" - Press Write.
    15. Back on the Basic tab, Just for fun, while listening to the crazy noise, go through the entire calibration process as stated above.
    16. Set Motor Power values back to 175 and 135. - Press write
    17. Select Profile 1 and press write.

That should be it. But also be sure to COMPLETELY check the range of motion on your gimbal. Even the slightest bit of resistance can cause the shakes.

TBS Discovery & TBS Pro rsequeira's Avatar

The TBS DISCOVERY PRO - brushless gimbal quadcopter

Hello, can anyone make a movie .....a detail one of tbs pro build and gimbal setup and calibration? I'm waiting for the bach 2 tbs pro and i didnt find any movie with a detailed build and gimbal calibration.... The tbs oficial build movie is very weak....for novice people like me i think the video doen'st have a detailed explanation. Thanks.
    Youtube Channel - youtube.com/user/SequeiraBTT

RYZE... thanks so much for your time, and detailed info on the gimbal setup.. I myself will be coming back to reference this when my Pro shows up! Thanks man!