Page 74 of 889 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684124174574 ... LastLast

Thread: The TBS DISCOVERY PRO - brushless gimbal quadcopter

Sorry no detailed pictures it just attracts the copycats. We'll have some when they're readily available. I just built one today, and despite that small issue ... I have to day we did a good job on this the motors and gimbals are one and the same color & finish. It's little details like this that take ages to plan and very hard to get perfect, but so worth it

Penguin flyerDisco buildr mike20sm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis Harris View Post
    Trappy.. are their any detailed shots (pictures) of the new pro? I wanted to see some more images of what it looks like.. and also, the size of it as compared to the regular discovery!

Thanks!
    Judging by this quote from the TBS Discovery Travel case: "The foam is rigid, but can easily be cut with a carpet knife to accept gimbals (e.g. DISCOVERY PRO)"
    It can be assumed that the shape is pretty identical except for the front area.

Ahh yes shape is the same. Why change something that worked so well so far

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by RCPilot1234 View Post
    I was more thinking whether you wish to use the radio for other RC stuff, or perhaps just control the quad via 2.4 like I will
    I have a T7C now. I wanted the 14SG for the slider levers on the back side, and the telemetry capabilities. but then again. All I need is battery level, and the Discovery Pro will give me this trough OSD. The 8FG also have the slider levers for controlling the gimbal.

I guess I'll go for UHF in very short time

This is non issue on a quad.. a UHF system is very common for most of us here that want to take advantage of the "FPV" abilities from this hobby, and is almost mandatory if you intend on flying any decent range, or low to the ground while at range. It sounds like you building something that is not going to be used as it is intended, so I guess your setup will differ then most of ours...
    I'm pretty new to FPV and I'm scared I'll mess up it I use UHF haha But in the future I'll probably use it To start out I'm gonna keep it close

I'm pretty new to FPV and I'm scared I'll mess up it I use UHF haha But in the future I'll probably use it To start out I'm gonna keep it close
    Gotcha.. well thats always a good plan. Get your feet wet first, then dive in. I think thats what most of us did.. LOL.. and now.. well... it's like a drug that takes over our wallets.. ah, I mean, lives.. ah, I mean "spare time". LOL.

The TBS DISCOVERY PRO - brushless gimbal quadcopter

What is with those who ordered the Discovery Pro with several extras, will those parts be restrained?
    By the way, your supoort is excellent, even better than the most german shops
    Last edited by Daft Drone; 26th July 2013 at 07:21 PM.
    Best regards from Germany

Gotcha.. well thats always a good plan. Get your feet wet first, then dive in. I think thats what most of us did.. LOL.. and now.. well... it's like a drug that takes over our wallets.. ah, I mean, lives.. ah, I mean "spare time". LOL.
    Haha yeah exactly This hobby is making me poooor! Turning up to the field in a crappy ten year old car, with a quad + transmitter (Futaba 18MZ) worth probably 10X as much as the car XD

Sorry no detailed pictures it just attracts the copycats. We'll have some when they're readily available. I just built one today, and despite that small issue ... I have to day we did a good job on this the motors and gimbals are one and the same color & finish. It's little details like this that take ages to plan and very hard to get perfect, but so worth it
    Thanks Trappy! So, all in all if I set the new pro down next to my current disco.. it will have the same "foot print" but, the pro will have a slightly wider front end + gimbal parts. Is that about right?

The TBS DISCOVERY PRO - brushless gimbal quadcopter

Hi Trappy, I have ordered my TBS PRO 3 weeks ago and I have order the 900kv engines. With my Discovery I have the 750 kv and I use the batteries 4s 3000 mha. Do you think I can keep these batteries for the new one or you think I have to change it for the 5000 mha? Thanks and keep the good work!