Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hi from SE Massachusetts

Forum Member

Hi from SE Massachusetts

name Bob Desmarais
    call sign signguy
    location Swansea MA

Hi all
    I've been on this forum for a little while and figured I'd better put up my info.
    Been flying for over 30 years, multi's since the very beginning. Back when every multi was a tricoper, and there were no flight controllers, just gyros mixed in the radio.
    I was working for myself in a mobile sign truck, till a cancer diagnosis forced me to retire way too early. I have lots of time to fly, when I have enough energy...

If anyone is in the SE mass area and needs help, or someone to fly with, email me at

signguybob@gmail.com

here is a vid of my latest fpv multi flight

Forum Member
    Hello SignGuy, we met in Swansea for the races. Total new guy here and I wouldn't mind at all meeting up some day to get some tips and pointers from you. Looks like a great park for flying and I like how you keep the low hanging branches trimmed up and the too tall grass trimmed down and keep on flying. Perhaps BRUSH-HOG might be a fitting name. I know in Swansea you did some amazing flips with the green machine you had there.

Right now I am flying A Phantom and I am putting on some toys from RMRC, FatShark Attitudes, cam and all to see if I can overcome my losing which way I am pointing and all after I get more than 50 yards or more away. If you wouldn't mind a lot of questions I sure would enjoy flying around there.

kevklly@aol.com

Kevin

Forum Member
    The whole orientation thing has been killing me lately. I HAD 20-10 vision..... but chemo and age has taken that. Only one eye really works well, so depth perception is very bad. FPV has helped me stay flying. I can still fly LOS, but not very far. How close are you to Troy NH? I have a buddy up there ( Tim Byrnes ) he was at the meet, maybe we could all get together.

Forum Member
    I live in Hooksett NH just outside of Manchester, I also spend a few days a week in Chatham on the cape looking after my Dad, 92 yrs and doing damn good. Troy is about an hour and a half from Hooksett. Anything is possible for a meet someday. My work schedule is variable and only 3 days a week while recovering from broken ankle and a whole crap load of torn ligaments. Not to mention toying with the idea of retirement soon and doing the part time work thing.

I also met a guy from somewhere south of Nashua NH who flies and was at Swansea and totally forgot his name (senility) and was hoping to catch him on here someday to meet up but haven't run into him yet.

Forum Member
    Orientation (senility sucks) I couldn't remember that word LOL

Forum Member
    By the way, I drive for a living so a bit of travel is not a problem for me, also senility doesn't hamper my remembering every where I go, sort of like a GPS.

Forum Member
    That must have been Tim. I think the two of you were the only NH flyers at the meet. He spends most of his time on rcgroups....troynh is his name. You must come right by here on the way to Chatham. That was my service area when I was a golf car mechanic years ago....

Forum Member
    I drop down 495 to Bourne to avoid all the delays of going thru Boston. For a pro driver I hate traffic if I can avoid it, unless you pay me to be in it.

The guy I mentioned lived somewhere in the Tingsboro area of MA but he shops at RC Buyers Warehouse in Nashua like I do.

Forum Member
    I am going to spend some time in the morning and try to get the FPV stuff onto the Phantom. I have tested it to make sure it works by hooking it up and putting on the gogles and walking around holding the cam in front of me, stubbed a few toes and put a nick in my shin but they do work.

Forum Member
    had my buddy try my fpv copter today. Its the same green copter you saw me flipping at the meet, but with much tamer settings. He did OK, but did better LOS. Planes are a good start if you have a problem with the copter. I just got my arducopter board setup.....GPS tomorrow!!! I only have stabilize acro and loiter setup. I'll play with RTL later. You are going to love FPV . It seems almost impossible at first, but you'll get it ....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast