FPVLAB

Thread: FPV-Japan quick record button

FPV-Japan quick record button

So I have the RMRC FPV1000 which is about the same as about 100 other dvrs. I was hoping to install it into my ground station using the quick record button but it seems to be more a handheld button than a mountable button. So i'm hoping to make my own but have no idea how to wire it up. does anyone know which parts of the plug are what? or how its wired up? I'm really hoping this is doable since i pretty much just broke mine by trying to take the top off.

Thanks for any assistance.

Penguin flyerDisco buildr mike20sm's Avatar
    A switch is pretty simple to wire up, you just need to buy a mountable switch at someplace like Radio Shack. It's a momentary push button right? I don't have mine with me, but then you'd just have to know if it's a normally open or normally closed switch (most are normally open i think). In this case the polarity of the wires doesn't matter, the wires don't care which tab of the switch they're connected too.

yeah I can do switches, I'm just not sure whats what inside the little jack without taking the dvr apart which I don't particularly want to do.

Put a multimeter to the existing switch's plug and see which contacts of the plug are connected when you press the switch. That way you know where to connect the wires to on your own switch.