Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: CSFPV Fuselage DECALS!

Cor blimey, guv'nor!
    My X8 has long since bitten the dust, but the X8 must be another prime candidate for some awesome decals, no?

Quote Originally Posted by chicken sashimi View Post
    Thanks Derrick.

Currently on my short-list of airframes to design for:
    Skyhunter
    Skywalker
    Bixler/raptor/penguin...

I think a lot of these aircraft share similar proportions so I might just make designs that suit the average, then the buyer can trim here and there if need be.
    How are things on the Skyhunter front? I started my build last night.
    When nothing else out there will suit your needs... design and build it yourself.

The goggles do nothing! chicken sashimi's Avatar
    Hey Derrick,

To be honest i'm pretty busy cutting samples and trying to get the website ready to go live. Straight-wing decals probably won't come online until the dust settles a little bit and I get a chance to sit down and do some new linework.
    We're trying to smooth out our production workflow, set up marketing initiatives and generally live life all at the same time. Hopefully all the work pays off.. not sure how many people are truly going to want to buy decals for their planes, but at least we have the capacity to cut them on demand instead of piling up on inventory that may not sell.

your patience is appreciated!

No worries, please PM me when available. I know that I will buy some and SecretSpy711 is in the market too.

As mentioned before, the Grey Skyhunter is about worthless for formation flying unless it is the chase plane... it is very difficult to see in the flight camera (especially when looking down from elevation), it is even hard to see in the HD camera! Here is a video with some shots, I am flying my Deep Reaper and the Skyhunter Belongs to Ian.

When nothing else out there will suit your needs... design and build it yourself.

Nice flying fellas!

That skyhunter looks pretty badass.
    I always wanted a skywalker, but maybe the skyhunter is a looker and it looks a bit more robust.. have you tried them both?

fluorescent vinyl is quite expensive.. I do have some White vinyl in house already though, so when it comes time to cut, I could sell you that at the usual cost.
    I want fluo in stock for my own needs, but like i said, it's not cheap.. maybe we can help each other out when the time comes so that everyone gets what they want.

Nice flying fellas!

That skyhunter looks pretty badass.
    I always wanted a skywalker, but maybe the skyhunter is a looker and it looks a bit more robust.. have you tried them both?

fluorescent vinyl is quite expensive.. I do have some White vinyl in house already though, so when it comes time to cut, I could sell you that at the usual cost.
    I want fluo in stock for my own needs, but like i said, it's not cheap.. maybe we can help each other out when the time comes so that everyone gets what they want.
    Thank you...

The Skyhunter is pretty awesome looking, would look better with your artwork making it "pop" to the cameras though. I have flown a Skywalker type plane, it had a skywalker wing, and a T-Tail like a skywalkwer, same dimensions. If flew very well, but not like a wing, not as agile. I have yet to fly the skyhunter, I assume that it will be a little more agile and responsive on the controls.

I understand, and am willing to pay fair price for a product. What ever design you come up with it has to "pop". I fly with others 90% of the time and it is hard enough finding each other in the air, that losing the other plane at distance is a royal PITA.

I know your pain Derrick.. I fly with friends mostly as well and the hardest part is finding each other. Often we will make 2-3 designated rendez-vous points in our flight space so that if we ever get disconnected, we simply idle around one of the rendez-vous and wait for our wingmen to regroup before continuing onwards. It's easy and you can designate waypoints from the air during your first pass if necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin J View Post
    How about a WW2-style set for warbirds? And pretty nose art
    +1^ This Please!

Re: CSFPV Fuselage DECALS!

I know your pain Derrick.. I fly with friends mostly as well and the hardest part is finding each other. Often we will make 2-3 designated rendez-vous points in our flight space so that if we ever get disconnected, we simply idle around one of the rendez-vous and wait for our wingmen to regroup before continuing onwards. It's easy and you can designate waypoints from the air during your first pass if necessary.
    We do this too, the first to the point takes high altitude overwatch. When the plane (like Skyhunter) is grey it is hard to see from above.

I put together a brief instructional video. I'll have this embedded in my product listing page as well.. but in case some people out there, (*cough* perhaps in Colorado? *cough*) end up with pre-release decal sets, watch this vid before installation.

Happy flying!