Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW LAWMATE 1.2 GHz 1000mW V2 TRANSMITTER.

darn wish I had known about this product. just placed my order with y'all for a tslrs setup

everything sounds great about the fixed lawmate, esp the new regulator. The wires and heatsink - easy DIY fix. Still love my older 1W LM vtx. definitely outperforms my fox800, (but racewood 300 are very good)
    another friggin lawn dart. love it

FPV-The RC modeler dream! HobbyWireless's Avatar
    Awesome!

Just make sure you add a high pass filter to your FPV video receiver, to prevent 433 MHz harmonics from hitting your FPV video system.

Lawmate makes great wireless system, and as already mentioned on this thread, the issues they had with few batches in 2011 and early 2012 has been eliminated, but again, LawMate didn't have their system designed to accommodate FPV need, and retailers knew about it.

But even the old transmitters had outstanding performance, and the good thing is that LawMate is willing to improve even more their systems, modifying them to accommodate the needs of the FPV community, and they're serious and big Corporation, not a backyard type business as many manufacturers in China.

Some people are still asking if we are the only exclusive authorized LawMate distributor in US. Yes that's true, however all the other US retailers can continue to buy LawMate wireless system through us.

By the way here's the link for the high pass filter: http://hobbywireless.com/index.php?m...roducts_id=840

Thank you,

This is really promising.
    Any chance the same will happen to the 500mW 2.4g version?

I anot convinced that a high pass will do much for me. Never had issues with DL affecting my 1280 before, and never heard of TSLRS affecting 1280 either

Yes, 433 MHz second harmonic which is on 1299 MHz which is very close to 1280 MHz and can in some cases affect it. Besides each brand of UHF system has its own characteristics.

100km, 110km, 1280 - I did not see any such filter listed. Did he use one? I don't think this 3rd harmonic on 1299 issue is fully understood, and have not hear of folks having this issue resolved with that filter yet either.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1661795

Navigator
    this looks good. the stuff I didn't like about the old ones might be fixed now.

has anyone plugged one of those in and did any sort of testing? has anyone tested the audio at all?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 10inja View Post
    this looks good. the stuff I didn't like about the old ones might be fixed now.

has anyone plugged one of those in and did any sort of testing? has anyone tested the audio at all?

thanks
    Yes, we have tested the audio channel long before we made the transmitter available. The audio works really well, no comparison with the old version.

Thanks,
    Last edited by HobbyWireless; 24th June 2013 at 01:49 AM.

Hi,
    not wanting to spoil the fun, but did you measure the video output impedance?

I just went through a major re-adjusting of video output levels relating to the following items that differ vastly from 75ohm industry standard.

1.2Ghz Rx, DMM measurement Z = 1040ohms
    ==> 75-80ohms parallel (VID / GND)to bring levels down
    2.4Ghz Rx, DMM measurement Z = 1040ohms
    Lawmate DVR PV500 Eco Z = 150ohms
    ==> 150ohms parallel (VID / GND)to bring levels down

stock lawmate stuff works astonighlishly bad with any other product due to this issue...

thoughts?

Dio
    Latest Crafts: The Anti-Gravity-Machine, Carbonator, Guava 2m, Wunderwaffe I, Wunderwaffe II, Uberwaffe, Plankton v2, TBS discovery

Quote Originally Posted by Dionysos View Post
    Hi,
    not wanting to spoil the fun, but did you measure the video output impedance?

I just went through a major re-adjusting of video output levels relating to the following items that differ vastly from 75ohm industry standard.

1.2Ghz Rx, DMM measurement Z = 1040ohms
    2.4Ghz Rx, DMM measurement Z = 1040ohms
    Lawmate DVR PV500 Eco Z = 150ohms
    ==> 150ohms parallel (VID / GND)to bring levels down

stock lawmate stuff works astonighlishly bad with any other product due to this issue...

thoughts?

Dio

You're not spoiling the fun.
    Even though the comment is not directly about the transmitter, it's a very good point. In fact this high impedance with Lawmate devices is not a new thing, it's well known for years.
    We have talked to Lawmate about it while ago, and the good thing is that they're working to change the design to bring impedance down, and along with other improvements too.
    If you have any other significant changes that can be done to make Lawmate system better for FPV, please feel free to Contact Us with your suggestions.

Thanks,
    Last edited by HobbyWireless; 28th June 2013 at 08:56 PM.