Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW LAWMATE 1.2 GHz 1000mW V2 TRANSMITTER.

FPV-The RC modeler dream! HobbyWireless's Avatar

NEW LAWMATE 1.2 GHz 1000mW V2 TRANSMITTER.

Hello everyone,

We just would like to share with you guys that we've been working as hard as we can to not only provide the best service in support but also the best products as well.
    As most of you might know, there are only few companies making decent wireless system usable for FPV.
    Most of the users that started FPV few years ago recognize Lawmate's name, and back in 2003 and 2004 was the only manufacturer making decent wireless system to be used with a lot of success for FPV.
    However while back we all experienced a drop on the quality control of they are wireless system, in fact one of them was a terrible audio issue, which they didn't hesitate on correcting it and honoring the warranty.
    Since Lawmate was not making any wireless system specifically for FPV but have been in the security system business for over 14 years, we can't directly blame their design. For this reason we decided to talk to them about the FPV community and needs.
    We met the president of Lawmate and the engineer behind of the designs of their wireless system for years, the meeting was a success, great people with a humble heart.
    Lawmate showed great interest and care about improving and developing better wireless systems for our FPV community.
    They totally redesigned the 1.2 GHz 1000mW transmitter, improving its performance, and other great new improvements such as.
    • Built-in switching regulator (no longer using linear V-reg causing the heating issues)
    • Low profile high-efficiency ceramic heat sinks
    • Transmitter runs at least 35% cooler
    • Transmitter weight is 25g (10 grams lighter compared to the previous version)
    • About 40% thinner

The FPV1012 is the easiest and most friendly system to use, it's the plug and play version of the TR1012 kit.

Will be continue to work with them as long as they take care of FPV community.
    See pictures below showing the new and the old design.

Best regards,
    Wilson Souza
    Last edited by HobbyWireless; 10th June 2013 at 11:41 PM.

nice looking new stats. Discount for a v1 1w LM trade in? jk

Instructor Pilot
    and probably most importantly, the heatsink is on the correct side now?

Quote Originally Posted by terabyte View Post
    and probably most importantly, the heatsink is on the correct side now?
    From the pictures it looks like they are. Any word if they are going to do this to the 500mw and 1w 2.4GHz Transmitters?

Brooks, N7BLD

One more thing, the new version comes with connector instead the nasty and cheap hot glue on top of the wires !
    Yes, we're expecting improvements on the 500mW and 2.4 GHz transmitters as well, and new more stuff coming up soon.

Pilot
    HobbyWireless,

Last time I bought some LawMates 1.2 1000mW, the 4 wires coming out of the Tx were not hot glued on.
    It took a slight 'touch' and the White wire came out?

The other FPV Vendor in the the USA decided to stop selling them because it happened 3x on me!

How are the wires secured?.....Last year, LawMates were the cream of the crop until the other FPV vendor
    made it known that QC has to be improved! Its been down hill since then for LawMate (for FPV).

I hope these are really what you say they are because I've bought soo much of these and were not soo good.
    At ~$100 per VidTx, they were not cheap!

I'll wait for some real world high temp tests.
    If all good, I'll commit again, because I know TBS has some shielded ready to go Lawmates products.
    Last edited by RcLab1; 11th June 2013 at 08:20 PM.
    "On My best behavior, or I'll get Banned".....
    .....I love Sports' and Vacations,....
    Whos' more Athletic? NHL players or Football/Basketball Skills' Players?

"...I break regulations because I'm good and it's ok for me..."

We have to take one big thing in consideration.
    Lawmate designed and were making these transmitters long before we use them for FPV. The bare transmitters are called modules, and these modules were sold to other companies to use with they own products.
    Then, due to the excellent performance we started using these modules for FPV.

The issue with the wires coming off was always there since we start carrying them back in 2007, and all the other vendors were aware of it, but again, these modules were not designed for FPV.
    We noticed how fragile the wires were and to make these modules better and easier for FPV users, we had our own improvement by have a interface board installed to turn it to a real plug and play FPV transmitter. Since then we never ever had a single returned unit with wiring problems or burnt transmitter due to reversed polarity. http://hobbywireless.com/index.php?m...roducts_id=155

Then we have the audio issue back in 2011/2012, but again it was not made to be used for FPV.
    We have the same issues as any other vendor had, but it takes time and patience to get a manufacturer to do some changes, and instead stopping carrying their products we simply set down with them and explained why we needed these improvements.
    We have been selling them for months and customers are very pleased with their V2 transmitters.
    You're welcome to try it, and if you truly don't like it, we will give your money back.

Best regards,
    Last edited by HobbyWireless; 11th June 2013 at 09:51 PM.

Pilot
    nah....I'll wait for real world testings....
    I've had very bad experience with these Lawmates VidTx.

Lets see some real world performance....besides, 1000mW is way too high for me!
    "On My best behavior, or I'll get Banned".....
    .....I love Sports' and Vacations,....
    Whos' more Athletic? NHL players or Football/Basketball Skills' Players?

"...I break regulations because I'm good and it's ok for me..."

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbyWireless View Post
    One more thing, the new version comes with connector instead the nasty and cheap hot glue on top of the wires !
    Yes, we're expecting improvements on the 500mW and 2.4 GHz transmitters as well, and new more stuff coming up soon.
    Any idea when the 2.4Ghz (500mW) improvements will be out?

We don't have any specific date for the improvements of the 2.4 GHz 500mW yet, still on it, but hopefully soon.