Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: NEW LAWMATE 1.2 GHz 1000mW V2 TRANSMITTER.

Navigator
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	unnamed.jpg 
Views:	227 
Size:	42.5 KB 
ID:	59764

Mine looks quite a bit different from the one at the start of this thread

FPV-The RC modeler dream! HobbyWireless's Avatar
    You got the TXV1012 plug and play version, the one on the first thread is the T1012 and it's same as yours but just the transmitter module without the little plug and play board that you have on yours....
    The plug and play version comes with adjustable microphone built-in to which is a great feature to listen to your model during flight such as servos or motor not working properly, besides a bunch of other good little features no included to just the transmitter module.

T1012: http://hobbywireless.com/12-13-ghz-t...on-p-1334.html
    TXV1012 (Your model): http://hobbywireless.com/12-13-ghz-t...usa-p-155.html

Best regards,
    FPV is not just our hobby, it's our passion!

Navigator
    So I assume I can trash the plug and play board and go directly into the shielded module? It looks like that's a standard molex four pin plug. No functional differences other than the daughterboard?

Navigator
    Never mind! Reading the links you sent I believe I have a finger on it. I think I'll keep the board (I like the pilot light) and I've already cabled up for it. It looks like all I need to do is lift the white wire off the P&P board and extend it out.

No worries. - Thanks!

Sure not problem, glad it will work for you EdDial!
    The pilot LED on little P&P board besides it simplifies power and camera connections.

Thanks,

is it ok to remove the ceramic heat sinks? have used the other lawmates on my quad with just the bare metal jacket with no problems as long as i keep it moving

Quote Originally Posted by Yosemite View Post
    is it ok to remove the ceramic heat sinks? have used the other lawmates on my quad with just the bare metal jacket with no problems as long as i keep it moving
    We don't recommend removing the ceramic heat-sinks. Without the heat-sinks the life of your transmitter can be shorten or even overheating can occurred causing permanent damage.

Navigator
    Iam mounting this T1012 V2 transmitter on my copter, but i dont know which side to stick down with tape. if I put the ceramic heatsink side down then i cant get at the dip switches. if i put the other side down with the holes does it need to let heat out of the holes?

Quote Originally Posted by thead View Post
    Iam mounting this T1012 V2 transmitter on my copter, but i dont know which side to stick down with tape. if I put the ceramic heatsink side down then i cant get at the dip switches. if i put the other side down with the holes does it need to let heat out of the holes?
    You should be fine mounting the ceramic heatsinks to the frame or the other way around. Multi-rotors have plenty amount of air flowing through the entire frame. Just avoid leaving the transmitter powered for long periods without having your copter flying.

Enjoy it!

been running mine for hundreds of flights now all stripped down (no heat sinks) and mounted flat on the frame of a qav400 with the vent holes up, works perfect and does not overheat