www.immersionrc.com

Thread: RC radio for use with ezUHF long range - HELP

Navigator

RC radio for use with ezUHF long range - HELP

Hello Everyone,

I am not new to RC but i am new to FPV and LRS systems. My current radio is a JR11X. I have a number of questions about the ezuhf system and now it works with RC radios.

First, I am willing to buy a new radio (although cost is an issue) to use for my FPV stuff. I am getting a quad and wing.

My questions are as folls:

1 Can i use a spektrum DX7S for example? http://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/D...rodId=SPMR7800
    does anyone have any experience with this and the ezuhf?

2 As i am getting a quad and a plane, would my radio still recognise the various models? So if i wanted to fly the quad would i load the quad model on the radio and then attach the ezuhf?

3 Since i will have a quad and a plane can i bind multiple models to the same transmitter or would i have to rebind every time?

4 Would things like expo, trim etc still work with the ezuhf system ?

5 I have seen that a lot of people use futaba radios with ezuhf, can you tell me which ones are tested and are the most popular ?

6 Since i am willing to buy a radio (cost is a factor though) Can someone just tell me a radio that works please ?

I would prefer to stick with the spektrum or JR since i can use it as a backup for my JR11x if need be.

I have looked for a while to find definitive info on my questions but so far i have not been able to. Plese help me where you can.

Thanks for your help

EzUhf it is a simple RF system, a way of transmitting the signal, trims, expo, memories, etc are done on the radio itself.
    I think it answers a lot of questions.

You can start FPV with your radio and then for greater distances you upgrade to UHF RF.

EzUhf will connect to JR trainer port, so you can still use JR with your older planes.
    Last edited by rlage; 5th June 2013 at 10:42 AM.

Navigator
    .. ok that makes sense.. any ideas on the most fool proof radio to get ?

For a quad with Naza controller, fool prof radio is Futaba with S-BUS. It saves you lot of time.

Navigator
    would that be suitable for the plane as well? I am not familiar with sbus or futaba at all... could i power the ezuhf directly off that ?

Quote Originally Posted by rdurant View Post
    would that be suitable for the plane as well? I am not familiar with sbus or futaba at all... could i power the ezuhf directly off that ?
    Better to wait for other replies then mine .
    Please noticed that current radios operate at a lower voltage. For ezuhf you need an external power, usually a 3S lipo battery.

As I stated before and as you have flight experience, try to start FPV with your radio gear and in places that you usually fly. Does places have usually low noise interference and it will be easier for you and would require less gear.

Keep it simple and have fun.

Navigator
    yes i know about the 3 cell lipo battery for the uhf... what can you tell me about the fpv monitors... is it really that critical that it does not go to blue screen ? My primary stuff will be goggles though but i do want a screen as a backup.

i found a screen on amazon http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ADCZTTE1BO460

would you use that vs a screen you can get on readymaderc for example ? RMRC are out of the 10 inch screens and i really think the 8 is too small...