Thread: Carbon Fibre Props on MultiRotors

Forum Member

Carbon Fibre Props on MultiRotors

Hey guys ..
    just wanted to get your opinion of CF props whats the pro and cons..

i dont see much people talking about it and using them..

mainly see prople talking about graupner but as most of us know now they have gone bust..

i have a pair of CF props which i just installed on my quad and had a quick hover test in the backyard and they seem excellent no vibrations at all.. but do they block alot of radio and video gear?

thanks!

Forum Member

A spinning rotor disc is still mostly just air... I don't think a carbon prop would significantly block your signals.

I'm using T-Motor carbon props on my QAV, and while I haven't had enough time with it to say definitively I can say they seem to be extremely efficient and smooth... I also had to lower my Naza gains significantly over the plastic slowfly props which suggests they are significantly more responsive.

The latter could be due to the lighter weight (thus quicker response to acceleration/deceleration) or due to a more efficient aerofoil, or both.

I might pick up some XOAR wood blades to compare with at some point...

Forum Member
    Tir33x, CF prop's have absolutely no effect on your vid system, as Zee just explained.

Maybe some info for the both of you, (Graupner E-props) CF prop's respond faster due to that they are much stiffer than APC/plastic slowfly prop's and indeed have a better aerofoil to handle higher RPM's.
    Concerning the G e-prop's, keep in mind that they fly an inch smaller... for comparison 9*5 G e-prop's fly/have the same effect as APC 8*4.5 prop's (this is due to there slimmer aerofoil)
    I use 9*5 G e-prop's with 2216 900 kv sunnysky's and 4s on my disco and man it's a rocket

Edit: For Zee, the Xoar prop's will react slightly slower compared to the G e-prop's and be more quiet but for some reason which i can not explain, i like them more. they seem to fly smoother.. down side is that it's an expensive prop to fly if you're not an experianced pilot..
    Last edited by Traveller; 2nd June 2013 at 06:05 AM.
    [B][FONT=Georgia][SIZE=2]"[/SIZE]For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return." - Leonardo da vinci :D[/FONT][/B] [LEFT][COLOR=#000000]

[/COLOR][/LEFT]

Forum Member

I'm not using the Graupners, I'm using the T-motors.

They have a funky little tip washout design that I liked!

Good info though!

http://www.rctigermotor.com/show.php?contentid=183
    Last edited by Zeeflyboy; 2nd June 2013 at 06:43 AM.

Forum Member
    Thanks for the link... I'll try them out one day when my wallet will permit it
    [B][FONT=Georgia][SIZE=2]"[/SIZE]For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return." - Leonardo da vinci :D[/FONT][/B] [LEFT][COLOR=#000000]

[/COLOR][/LEFT]

Forum Member
    just be warned if you do that fitment can be a pain... I had to print some spacers to be able to use them.

Forum Member
    I'll keep it in mind! thnx

[/COLOR][/LEFT]