Thread: New DVR?

Navigator

New DVR?

I just bought one of these.

http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale/...76-sd-fpv.html

Full D1 res at 720x576 and no remote control which is great news.
    Not sure if this one's been covered before but will give it a full review.

Apparently it's from ChinaFPV. (Chinese language only website)
    Last edited by AirborneIntel; 27th May 2013 at 09:12 PM.

Curious to see how it works for you, I have one of the HK $45 units in the cart but haven't pulled the trigger yet. Also looking at their 5.8 unit too.

Navigator
    Initial results are very interesting.

Build quality and feel of Japan DVR is superior but from my testing so far, (tv recording) there is little to pick between the two. Interstingly the colours on the "cheap" DVR are much more vibrant and intense. When I get back from work (on an oil rig at the moment) I will upload the videos for your viewing pleasure. Seems excellent value for money at this stage. Added bonus is that the buttons are on the front so visible while operating the unit. I can confirm that this unit records in full D1 720x576 so no cropping of your full video image.

So far I have only flown using the Japan DVR so can't comapre the in-flight experience. No recorder crashes and pefectly adequate performance from this unit at this stage.
    Last edited by AirborneIntel; 12th July 2013 at 01:21 AM.

Love to see some multi-rotor from an oil rig!!!
    "Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills"- Author unknown

KF7TRX

Navigator
    I've had my little Walkera quad out here, but there's no way they'd allow me to fly anything outside. I've flown around the inside of the accomodation but they're health, safety and environment mad out here. If the quad ended up in the ocean... or out of control... there would probably be a 6 week accident investigation. Plus it might actualy be considered fun, and that is simply not allowed out here
    Last edited by AirborneIntel; 12th July 2013 at 04:16 AM.