Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Ready to HOVERING THINGS Flip FPV

Navigator
    You're just not happy about anything, are you? RCG is a big pile of crap for the most part, FPVLab is much friendlier and easier to sift through. Notice all the advertising on both websites? Someone has to pay the bills to keep these websites running. If Sentry sends you very infrequent emails and you don't like it, then delete them. Since I joined in October 2012, I've received maybe 3 emails from FPVLab. I wouldn't classify three emails in 8 months as spam, but I also have no problem deleting an email when I don't want to read it, unlike some people here...

@turdsurfer: I don't see why the APM couldn't do full rolls. Haven't flown one but if it has a rate/manual mode like any controller should, you should have no problem doing full rolls. Might have to crank the gains up or some other setting to allow for fast rotation but I would assume it can be done.
    push the envelope, watch it bend
    if you're not crashing, you're not trying hard enough

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrice4 View Post
    Cry much?
    FPVLab is much friendlier and easier to sift through, i see that now

, im not happy about a READY TO FLY < FIRST PERSON VIDEO > AIRCRAFT BEING PRODUCED OR ADVERTISED<

Quote Originally Posted by OGquacopter007fpv View Post
    FPVLab is much friendlier and easier to sift through, i see that now

, im not happy about a READY TO FLY < FIRST PERSON VIDEO > AIRCRAFT BEING PRODUCED OR ADVERTISED<
    Thats your own opinion. This would open up the world to people that cant build their own. To own a quad and learn about it more and more, then maybe one day be able to build their own. They will most likely crash it, then research what happened, making them learn knowledge.

Just because your not happy doesnt mean that this is a bad idea. You made it out to be a horrible idea and that is wrong. You can have your opinion, but bashing others is just rude.
    youtube.com/wrice4

Check out my youtube channel, it's dedicated to:
    RC stuff (flights, equipment, unboxing)
    PS4 gaming in HD
    Livestream gaming
    Xbox 360 gaming in HD
    How To videos
    Unboxing Videos
    & much more!

Navigator
    OG
    Dont be so arrogant to think RTF is only for people who do not know how to build. Its perfect for me as I choose not to build because of limited time. Sentry, thanks for the post letting me know this flip was available.

Ya, I mean, its good for people that dont know how to build, but its also good for people that just want something to have fun with without spending the time....
    youtube.com/wrice4

Check out my youtube channel, it's dedicated to:
    RC stuff (flights, equipment, unboxing)
    PS4 gaming in HD
    Livestream gaming
    Xbox 360 gaming in HD
    How To videos
    Unboxing Videos
    & much more!

Navigator

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by swillhide View Post
    Ok can we please take this to another page and not on Future Hobbies. Like it or not RTF FPV is here, he didnt invent it, but it is a great option for people who dont have the time to build. Future Hobbies selling something of good quality is all that matters and with my first hand experience, this is just another quality product. Take your issues someplace else.

i did , a place where they wont delete your posts just for bringing up valid points, against one of there sponsors

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...9#post25075268

feel free to voice your opinion even if it is just to bash me, , as for the time thing , i just finished adding fpv to another flying wing, for me to melt a little foam, Velcro a vtx on the wing, and the cam on the front took only 2 hrs, i think i soldered 5 wires, 2 for power on vtx, and 3 to hook up cam , a little led and perfect cg, quads are even easier no cg ...

i have flown a hover things quad at the multi rotor challenge a couple months back, they were there in full force nice quads , well built, a bit heavy but that's why they are smoother at more forward speeds, some of the lighter quads were much more unstable in fast forward flight. and i do like the outrunner protection that is built into some of there frames, over all a nice design.
    Last edited by OGquacopter007fpv; 23rd May 2013 at 05:51 PM.

Navigator
    RCGroups is all about deleting posts that nag on their sponsors. Clearly you don't pay much attention around there, if there's any forum I've seen people banned from more frequently than is necessary, it's RCGroups.

Anyway, there's some information missing on the Future Hobbies product page. What size props are used? They look like 8" props,. The suggested battery is 3S, though - 8" props at 980kv with 3S batteries isn't going to give you much thrust. I would suggest 4S batteries instead.
    Last edited by wooden; 23rd May 2013 at 05:50 PM.
    push the envelope, watch it bend
    if you're not crashing, you're not trying hard enough

Navigator
    Obviously I picked the wrong place to try a little humour. This forum appears to be more about having a go at other people. The topic seems to continually vanish amid bouts of personal abuse. My attempt at a bit of a laugh seems to have hit the kneejerk reaction seen so often on forums these days. Manners seem to have gone out of the window and now it's become a playground for oneupmanship. What happened to the friendly places where one could go to unwind. This thread is more a place to wind each other up as much as possible. I don't believe I was rude in any way. I thought the idea of a kid taking my quad for a walk may have evoked a little smile.

I certainly do appreciate the immense leaps in technology. In fact I believe I may be in the minority, designing and building multicopters, planes and boats at age 65. I know there are many much older but we are outmatched by abusive younger people who have possibly never learned tolerance and the right of people to have their own say in any matter without resorting to put downs and sarcasm.

I apologize for upsetting those of you who misunderstood the meaning of my post. It won't happen again, that I can guarantee. I leave you to your little negativities.

You may not have meant to be rude, but it seems that you resorted to sarcasm in your attempt at humor.

You speak of tolerance, but you seem to have none for the forum. One guy "had a go" at you and the whole forum is at fault?

In my opinion, you got what you were giving.
    A little bit of sarcasm, a little disparaging comment (dumb questions vs. boring descriptions). I'd even be willing to bet that he was just trying a little humor.
    shockthemonkey

Navigator
    I'm getting ready to order one of these in the next week or so, but I'm undecided between the MultiWii and the Naza Light controllers. I've got a Naza on my other quad so I'm pretty comfortable with that, but the recent review on the MultiWii version of this from RTF Quads has me intrigued. So I've got a couple of questions on it that hopefully somebody from FH will see

1) It lists the MultiWii as coming with GPS option. Does that mean the GPS has to be purchased and installed separately? If so do you offer it with the GPS installed and configured, and how much extra would that be?

2) Can the MultiWii be configured for failsafe/RTH with a GPS installed? Do you have support available to help with this if so?

Non MultiWii related questions...

1) I already have a camera and goggles but I need a VTx. If I order one with my purchase, will you install it and set it up to run off the main power supply?
    2) Does it come standard with a low end receiver, or does it come sans receiver unless you order the AR8000? Do you have any lower end receivers available?
    3) Do you sell the motors and ESCs separately in case I need a replacement?

That's all I can think of for now.