Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ready to HOVERING THINGS Flip FPV

Apm is the wrong way
    This controller is crap. Better to get a naza + gps.
    You can get it for 280$ now

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Stucopter View Post
    I thought this hobby was to have fun. I can ask the kid next door to take my copter for a walk down the main street, I'm not breaking any laws and no battery recharging, all it costs me is a few dollars. Rather boring the way you put it. "Tell it where you want it to go and it goes there. Interesting but after a few "goes" the fun is gone.

Do I have to buy another TX? I've got 7 nine channel, 2 x 7, 4 x 4 and 7 x 3 channel radios now.

I know, I could ask the kid next door to fly my quad for me then I wouldn't know where it's going, even more fun. :-)
    It's awesome when folks try to disguise rudeness with humor....

Many are interested in automation and other aspects of the hobby and this is a selling point, whether you like that aspect or not.

Anyone with Internet access can figure out the APM is a flight controller that can do regular rc flight modes as well as automated.

Automation can be fun, we all don't live within your paradigm.

Navigator
    If the APM is tuned for the model it should be the better solution. But there is no word on this on the HP. If the APM comes out with firmware default settings, maybe the Naza could be the better solution for an RTF model. I am using the APM, and it lasts some time, to get it tuned correct.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by matix101 View Post
    I thought we weren't using that word!!
    Me too!
    In the words of Bruce (RCreviews):-
    'It is NOT a drone it is a radio controlled model aircraft'

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Stucopter View Post
    I thought this hobby was to have fun. I can ask the kid next door to take my copter for a walk down the main street, I'm not breaking any laws and no battery recharging, all it costs me is a few dollars. Rather boring the way you put it. "Tell it where you want it to go and it goes there. Interesting but after a few "goes" the fun is gone.

Do I have to buy another TX? I've got 7 nine channel, 2 x 7, 4 x 4 and 7 x 3 channel radios now.

I know, I could ask the kid next door to fly my quad for me then I wouldn't know where it's going, even more fun. :-)
    At least view the link it has many many many options. I even saw with with a loner kid for flying. really ask dumb questions without looking

Navigator
    If your looking for RTF with a NAZA-M go to Ready To Fly Quads. I think its nice to see some other RTF options.

Why do people so love to hate on the Naza though?

Navigator
    Is this forum now sending out Spam? Here's what I found in my email box this morning:

Hey Winston,

It's Sentry here with a quick update from Future Hobbies. They have put together a RTF multi-rotor project that will be sure to gain some steam and take some of the effort off your hands of fielding a working multi-rotor.

Check it out -->

http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread....HINGS-Flip-FPV

Future Hobbies has you covered!!

Thank you for supporting FPVLAB!!

Sentry

Navigator
    apm is the choice for me and i have been looking for a rtf quad. i have very little time to buid. i have used apm in my planes and its worked well for me. i am just starting fpv and i like the option 2 for this rtf quad. i have dominator glasses, but im confsed as to why i would also need a ground station. ready to buy here, just need some clarification. 600mw tx should provide some good distance rite to my dominators correct? im usinf the ibcrazy bluebeams too.
    erik

Navigator
    I purchased my FPV Flip from WiteSpy at ReadyToFlyQuads.com. I am extremely happy with the quality of his builds! I have a HT FPV and a Flip FPV which he has built. He a has a wide verity of controllers which he can install. I am a Very Very Happy customer of ReadyToFlyQuads.com

Happy Flying!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gregmaan View Post
    If the APM is tuned for the model it should be the better solution. But there is no word on this on the HP. If the APM comes out with firmware default settings, maybe the Naza could be the better solution for an RTF model. I am using the APM, and it lasts some time, to get it tuned correct.
    Maybe I need to make the product description more clear. Because it is a RTF we have the APM installed and tuned perfectly for this particular machine. The Naza is a great solution for someone that wants to install something that is super easy, but limited in what it can do.

We are going with a different approach and targeting people that may want to start with something rreally basic like a Naza and then step out of the box and bit as they feel more comfortable.

With this product its your choice, stay simple or push the envelope.