FPVLAB

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: We should have a discussion about this story

Quote Originally Posted by WildWill View Post
    Well put Alex.

I'd just like to add, I think it's great that many of us are into self policing our community. I do however think that we should be careful that we don't run of on a witch hunt every time someone claims an FPVer did something wrong.

"But for the grace of God, there go I"
    Yeah I don't like the witch hunts that seem to be so popular over on RCG. More important than self-policing, I think, is knowing that everytime you fly the spotlight is on you! Especially if you fly in urban/suburban areas like I do.

Engineer for Jesus Christ IBCrazy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SENTRY View Post
    Yes you could cut your grass at 3am on a Tuesday - but it's dumb, and we all have to live here together. We can fly ANYWHERE we want - so why push hard as you fly over someone's home - and then "man up" to them when someone asks you to move on? With "the world" being my launch, I will gladly shake your hand - pack my gear and move on.
    Agreed you should leave private property alone when asked. Flying close to someone's home is dumb. Flying at distance over their yard isn't so much of an issue. Most people come out and watch me fly but I'm careful not to dive-bomb their home (I fly planes not heli's). If it is an issue, they'll tell you and you should pack it in. We all know this.

There are lots of idiots around. Most FPVers are smarter than that.

-Alex
    If it is broken, fix it. if it isn't broken, I'll soon fix that.

videoaerialsystems.com - Performance video piloting

"The only thing that can stop a bad guy with a drone is a good guy with a drone..." I almost fell off my chair. LOL

Later,
    Gundy

Ya the title of the article is a dead give away that this is a serious embellishment.
    So This Is How It Begins: Guy Refuses to Stop Drone-Spying on Seattle Woman

He probably was doing nothing of the sort about spying on them it just happened to be near there window and the writer says he was "spying on Seattle woman".

Quote Originally Posted by RandallJ View Post
    Going to need one of those net launchers that use like 4 tennis balls on the corners... hehehehe
    ROTFLMAO!!!!!
    Randallj......I want to party with you!!
    Fudk the politics.......go for the personal gain!!
    Love it!
    Brett Hays
    JosephOregon.com
    flitetest.com/articles/fpv-full-scale-cockpit-ground-station-w-42-tv

This story is just dumb all around. Was he really a few feet from her window, was he even on the sidewalk? She thought it was a weedwhacker, would she have told her neighbor to stop weedwhacking so close to her property? Then there's the pilot who probably was confrontational and overly aggressive when stating his rights, instead of just handing the goggles over with a smile. The only reason we're reading about this is because the lady then went on to call the police...but the FPVer had already left so they told her to stop calling them, so she called a newspaper. The only reason the newspaper gives a crap is because she said drone instead of RC helicopter and no media in this country will actually do any research before mindlessly repeating the catchphrase of the moment. Brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin J View Post
    This story is just dumb all around. Was he really a few feet from her window, was he even on the sidewalk? She thought it was a weedwhacker, would she have told her neighbor to stop weedwhacking so close to her property? Then there's the pilot who probably was confrontational and overly aggressive when stating his rights, instead of just handing the goggles over with a smile. The only reason we're reading about this is because the lady then went on to call the police...but the FPVer had already left so they told her to stop calling them, so she called a newspaper. The only reason the newspaper gives a crap is because she said drone instead of RC helicopter and no media in this country will actually do any research before mindlessly repeating the catchphrase of the moment. Brilliant.
    I was waiting for the summarization that pulled this all together......lol.
    Brett Hays
    JosephOregon.com
    flitetest.com/articles/fpv-full-scale-cockpit-ground-station-w-42-tv

Co-Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by c5galaxy engineer View Post
    I was waiting for the summarization that pulled this all together......lol.
    ITS DRONES!!!! (jay carney wipes brow at new distraction from what is really important)

Navigator

So This Is How It Begins: Guy Refuses to Stop Drone-Spying on Seattle Woman

http://www.theatlantic.com/technolog...-woman/275769/

This afternoon, a stranger set an aerial drone into flight over my yard and beside my house near Miller Playfield. I initially mistook its noisy buzzing for a weed-whacker on this warm spring day. After several minutes, I looked out my third-story window to see a drone hovering a few feet away. My husband went to talk to the man on the sidewalk outside our home who was operating the drone with a remote control, to ask him to not fly his drone near our home. The man insisted that it is legal for him to fly an aerial drone over our yard and adjacent to our windows. He noted that the drone has a camera, which transmits images he viewed through a set of glasses. He purported to be doing "research". We are extremely concerned, as he could very easily be a criminal who plans to break into our house or a peeping-tom.

Pretty sure this has been posted here already.

EDIT: nevermind, that was a different one.
    FPV - The World is My Airfield

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast