FPVLAB

Thread: SUPPORT MODEL AVIATION!!!!!

Tha Bawss

Post SUPPORT MODEL AVIATION!!!!!

We all know that model aviation as we know it us under review. This takes less than 30 seconds to send a letter to your congress-person supporting our efforts.

http://amagov.modelaircraft.org/4077/

FPVLAB
    FPVLAB --- The World's Leading FPV Collective - FPVLab on Facebook and FPVLab on Twitter

Getting closer and closer rawlmark's Avatar
    Off off and away, 3 letters sent.

^^ That's the idea. Have your friends complete this QUICK application. You don't have to be an AMA member to do this. Every letter counts!!
    "I Like Waffles" : FPVLab on Facebook and FPVLab on Twitter

Getting closer and closer rawlmark's Avatar
    Yeah, it took all of about 2 minutes.

I know it's a bit slower, but I HIGHLY recommend taking the time to download and print out the letter to snail mail it in. There is plenty of time still for it to arrive.

Why?

Because E-Mail is TOO easy to send. Reps inboxes get filled every day, and the vast majority of it is largely ignored after being filtered and classified by staff. Almost NOBODY sends in physical mail anymore, so it gets noticed. If you take the time to send in a physical letter, particularly if you personalize the letter a bit and maybe send in a personal item with it (say, a nice picture of you and your gear with your family) not only is it noticed, but remembered, and has a much more powerful impact. The Rep will know you took the extra time, and so they will take extra time for you. Trust me, it is worth it.

Thats a great idea. There will be at least 5 coming from my house.

I got my letter response today :
    From: Saxby Chambliss <saxby_chambliss@chambliss.senate.gov>
    To: ME (LOL)
    Sent: Fri, March 11, 2011 1:53:29 PM
    Subject: Responding to your message
    Dear Mr. Johnson:
    Thank you for contacting me regarding the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) reauthorization, specifically concerning model aviation regulation. It is good to hear from you.
    On February 17, 2011, S. 223, the "FAA Air Transportation Modernization and Safety Improvement Act," passed the Senate with my support by a vote of 87-8. This bill authorizes approximately $35 billion for FAA programs through fiscal year 2011 and contains many provisions that are critical to modernizing our air traffic control system and improving air travel for consumers.
    One of the main components of the bill is funding for the Next Generation Air Transportation System (NextGen). NextGen would replace the current ground-based system of air traffic control with a satellite-based system, which is crucial to meeting future demand and, once in place, will increase the efficiency of flight operations.
    S. 223 also contains provisions that will strengthen airline safety, such as requiring the FAA to develop a plan to improve runway safety by providing pilots necessary traffic information in the cockpit. Furthermore, this bill contains an amendment to exempt model aviation from several regulations, which was agreed to in the Senate on February 17, 2011.Overall, this legislation is crucial to maintaining and improving our aviation system. I am hopeful that the Senate and the House of Representatives will work together to pass a bill for the President's signature in the near future. Should further legislation regarding the FAA come before the Senate for consideration, I will keep your thoughts in mind.
    If you would like to receive timely email alerts regarding the latest congressional actions and my weekly e-newsletter, please sign up via my web site at: www.chambliss.senate.gov. Please let me know whenever I may be of assistance.