FPVLAB

Page 50 of 76 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Thread: So what if you're confronted by an angry bystander?

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chicken sashimi View Post
    I knew a girl once that could eat an apple in one bite.

Quote Originally Posted by chicken sashimi View Post
    I left her because she couldn't accommodate my girth in times of fellation. teehee.

Crabapple?
    Last edited by ke123; 20th June 2014 at 02:53 PM.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dust View Post
    Here is a copy/paste from my facebook posting about the event. It went from normal to bananas in about 5 seconds. haha

Sooo, today this asshole (oh yes, I know his name) strolls into the hobby store and wants me to replace 2 LiPo batteries that he either charged wrong, or left plugged in to the charger or craft as BOTH LiPo's were flatlined. One wouldnt light up the volt checker, and the other was as close to dead as possible. Classic. I see this ALL the time and 99% are decent enough to admit that it was user error.
    I tell him the Bad news, it was user error, without a doubt and proceed to explain to him exactly why and how that could happen with data to back up everything I said.
    He swore thats not the case and tells me to replace them, cause they were "only bought a week ago."
    "No sir, warrentees are taken up with the manufacturer, not the store. That is how it works.
    This is good news, the company that makes the batteries, actually warrentees them! I feign a smile.
    (he is still pissed)
    I reitterate that "The company warrentees them, They will replace them, all you has to do is contact Venom and they will. . . . "
    He cuts me off, now irate. " You mean I wasted $150 and you dont take care of your customers?!"
    Im confused, cause I have given him a solution to his problem, even though HE was the reason that the batteries are allegedly DOA.
    It is clearly written on the receipt he is shoving at my face while he begins to yell. My manager taps my shoulder to tell me to step back / to stay calm but remains silent.
    At this time, I take the receipt hes putting in my face and say verbatim "Ok, you wanna play it like that? I point on the receipt and read it to him like I would a second grader "Electronic Items CANNOT be returned. ALL Warrentees must-"
    Again he cuts me off, but this time it was physical.
    He slams my hand to the counter, rips the receipt, the volt checker, and part of his battery in one hard clumsy move. His fingernails caught my wrist on the way down, and thats when I step Up.
    "You Want to Do Something?!" I challenge him kinda hoping he would do something about it, as I could use a good energy release... (petty I know)
    He releases my volt checker and his eyes are on fire. I have left hand on my cell phone and my right hand fisted, ready to break an eye socket. My breathing is steady, my hands are not shaking. I am *very* focused.
    He starts slamming his LiPo batteries into his box and then it hit me what had just happened.
    "Wait, Im calling the police" I say.
    Then I command, "YOU get OUT of my store RIGHT now, and don't you EVER come back!!"
    As he is packing the last things up in his lil box, he yells "I HOPE I RUN INTO YOU IN A BAR!!"
    At that I laugh out loud without reserve along with my co worker in the room (it was funny cause the last time it got crazy and a customer wanted to hurt me, as they left they said the EXACT same thing! "I hope I run into you at a bar!" so naturally, the tense situation was dispelled for me personally do to the identical threat about being found at a bar. .
    "Good luck with that you f*****g Drunk!" was the last line I was able to sling as he rounded the final corner out of the store. His account marked and face known.
    What a complete and utter sad excuse for an "adult"
    I mean this d*ck is like 50!
    WE ARE A TOY STORE!
    lol
    Some people. . .
    So Dust. I have run many batteries through the charger and for the most part have not had many issues at all. I mostly have GensAce and RMRC batteries. I generally charge at 1C or 2C and things just work. About 2 months ago a pretty new RMRC battery stopped working. A cell died and a second cell was > 4.2V. It was not puffed. I chalked it up to me screwing up some how in the charging process or a rough 'landing'. 2 days later a second RMRC battery did exactly the same thing with a bad cell (different cell) and no puffing. I will swear on a stack of bibles that I did not screw up the charging on these batteries or fly to excessively low voltages (as low as 10.2V on 3s on one of them). The replacements that were sent have worked without issue.

I think it is possible for batteries to fail or for there to be a bad batch of batteries.

The only batteries that have failed for me that were completely my fault have been transmitter batteries on the kids Turnigy9X. To easy to leave on when done with the simulator.
    KF7SKL,TechPod/Walrus/250mmQuad/HoneyBadger, EZUHF,SL-AAT, 1G3/2G4/5G8

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hucker View Post
    So Dust. I have run many batteries through the charger and for the most part have not had many issues at all. I mostly have GensAce and RMRC batteries. I generally charge at 1C or 2C and things just work. About 2 months ago a pretty new RMRC battery stopped working. A cell died and a second cell was > 4.2V. It was not puffed. I chalked it up to me screwing up some how in the charging process or a rough 'landing'. 2 days later a second RMRC battery did exactly the same thing with a bad cell (different cell) and no puffing. I will swear on a stack of bibles that I did not screw up the charging on these batteries or fly to excessively low voltages (as low as 10.2V on 3s on one of them). The replacements that were sent have worked without issue.
    I think it is possible for batteries to fail or for there to be a bad batch of batteries.

The only batteries that have failed for me that were completely my fault have been transmitter batteries on the kids Turnigy9X. To easy to leave on when done with the simulator.
    If they were both the same type/mah/C/cell count/ than i would have entertained the possibility of a bad batch as i have seen that before, but one was a 3 cell, the other was a 2 cell. One was 5000mah 30C and the other was a 3000 20C. Both the same brand, but thats about it.
    Ive seen alot of dead/flat/toasted batteries come back. Ive seen them fail for no reason, and keep going when they should have failed!
    I totally accept that bad batches happen. Ive been here a few years now, and am decent in the ID of factory fault and user error.
    This "gentle man" first came in telling me off the bat that hes having trouble charging his battery and wasnt sure if he had the settings correct. I turned on the charger and it was set to NiMh. He didnt plug the balance port in cause he asked what they were for.

I *know* he ruined them.

Being in customer service for over 15 years now, I can sniff out a truth teller and one who is trying to get a free-be. I can tell honest vs nervous energy and his nervousness skyrocketed when I asked him if he was sure that he didnt leave them plugged into the charger or craft. He said they both worked once and then never again. Classic. Charging them as NiMh, he's hella lucky he didnt lose his house...
    [SIZE="3"][B]Live Slow - Fly FAST![/B][/SIZE]

FPV does NOT fly ASAP.

Forum Member
    Meth head rolls up to discuss the finer points of videography and R.C..=D

@ 0:55 you can see the female decide not to hop out and drops her cellphone! She came back later and asked about it. I told her she could find it at the lost and found of the local P.D..
    Last edited by Zatoichi; 10th July 2014 at 01:11 PM.
    Entropy isnít what it used to be.

Forum Member
    "This Video is private"

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Xaser View Post
    "This Video is private"
    Now?

Forum Member
    What did he say? Couldn't make it out in the video.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatoichi View Post
    Now?

Disabled for mobile viewing

Forum Member
    mobile viewers can use proxfree... here's a link to watch that video with proxfree.
    http://wa.proxfree.com/permalink.php...Xw%3D%3D&bit=1

Forum Member
    "Invasion of privacy"[ "You were flying in my shed" "I will film You then!" and "YOu will see me AGAIN M@&%$@%$@!!!"=D I didn't really catch anything else...QUOTE=imagebuff;535860]What did he say? Couldn't make it out in the video.[/QUOTE]

Page 50 of 76 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast