FPVLAB

Page 74 of 75 FirstFirst ... 246472737475 LastLast

Thread: So what if you're confronted by an angry bystander?

As much as it is not fair, Faber is right, I'd rather avoid confrontation as well.
    If you're a noob, copy 1:1 what somebody already flies without too much questions, you'll find the answers later.
    PatrikE: I don't see anything wrong in your dump...
    Derrick:
    you are flying it LOS... You are doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by faber View Post
    Lol. Projecting much?
    Hardly, I don't go looking for problems and confronting strangers.

I wonder what the pilots reaction would have been if after his wife started yapping the guitar guy pulled a gun and shot her a few times?
    Everybody loves a bunny.

Quote Originally Posted by Channel 1 View Post
    Hardly, I don't go looking for problems and confronting strangers.

I wonder what the pilots reaction would have been if after his wife started yapping the guitar guy pulled a gun and shot her a few times?
    Totally agree on that. Esp. These days.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by faber View Post
    Totally agree on that. Esp. These days.

That's why I do not confront people unless backed by law enforcement, now if they confront me, that's a different world.
    Everybody loves a bunny.

There's no place I can't be / Since I found FPV / But you can't take the sky from me

No answer there.
    Everybody loves a bunny.

Navigator
    I've been confronted once when my quadrotor came kind of close to a guys dog.

He was walking his dog off its leash through a prohibited dog area, the dog was a fair distance from its owner, and a dog is hard to see being so low to the ground, dark coat whilst screaming through a heavily tree lined and shadowy area.

I apologized straight away and then landed, but he wasn't very nice even after my apology.

He was quite rude and i simply told him to have some manners which actually made him think twice before speaking in the tone that he did again and nothing was said after that.

I LOVE dogs, but dog walkers are the bane of my existence whilst flying FPV, most are quite arrogant and believe they own the whole park and are entitled to walk every square inch of it...but of course i land straight away and say nothing for it is what it is.

Now when i start flying the Drak people are going to damn well have a heart attack and dogs be putting their tails between their legs!

Quote Originally Posted by 39LineFPV View Post
    Now when i start flying the Drak people are going to damn well have a heart attack and dogs be putting their tails between their legs!
    I guess the best way to approach flying spots is to understand what people are expecting and not expecting when you are flying there. Miniquads in a normally quiet public park would are annoying as hell to any reasonable person (even other quad pilots). Even if you have as much of a right to be there as the next guy, it is still important to be reasonable and respectful of others. A Drak is hardly a park flyer, and I would consider anybody flying a big gnarly 6s bird like that in a public park a complete Dbag who probably needs a ball bat busted off in his arse. I'm pretty sure the drak comment was tongue in cheek, but if not I hope the next guy (and there will be a next guy) whoops a little sense into your ass

I was recently flying one of my favorite spots, which is a big wide open riverbed area where people ride bikes and walk dogs etc. I was flying fixed wing, and thermal soaring mostly so there was little to no noise. A group of miniquad pilots set up about 400 yards from me and immediately started ripping them along the walking path right above (I am talking 5 feet above) people walking and riding, some with babies and little kids. Moments after the quads started flying I was approached by several angry bystanders (to whom I didn't even bother responding, but only pointed at my plane) once they realized I was flying the plane and not the quads they left me completely alone. The miniquad guys got a visit from the cops, and I think they totally deserved it for flying like a bunch of dicks.

I dig quads as well and own several but I don't fly them anywhere near people unless they are the larger quieter ones, and even then I keep a good safe distance.

Good luck out there!
    Last edited by faber; 9th May 2018 at 02:46 PM.

Navigator
    Absolutely not, the Drak is for a 2hr drive or more away from town for flying over the mountains, deserts and salt flats.

And where i live flying a Drak at a park would be a massive no no...besides a park is simply way too small for such a craft.

Yes it was 100% tongue in cheek.

Quote Originally Posted by 39LineFPV View Post
    Absolutely not, the Drak is for a 2hr drive or more away from town for flying over the mountains, deserts and salt flats.

And where i live flying a Drak at a park would be a massive no no...besides a park is simply way too small for such a craft.

Yes it was 100% tongue in cheek.
    Hahahaa awesome. I figured, but ya never know

Page 74 of 75 FirstFirst ... 246472737475 LastLast