http://www.fliteevolution.com/

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: FatShark Ski Goggles : www.fliteevolution.com

Navigator
    Nice customer support..........

Netherlands... Gouda... yes, from the Gouda Cheese and Waffles
    Canīt you operate/modify your head?............

Navigator
    From my point of view, their product does just as it is designed to.

if you buy a bottle of wine and you dont like the taste, thats not the winerys fault

Navigator
    @jacq

would be a nice experiment for the next campif

Pilot
    I did have to modify mine for them to fit properly. At this price, I would say just get the OTG goggles from amazon/ebay since you're most likely going to have to modify them - it'll cost half for the same result.

The main problem is how the foam gets in the picture easily, not the distance per say. They're just not well centered, somehow. I would expect that if the image was slightly higher (or the image closer to the eyes of course), this would fit 90% of the people. Right now i see it fit 0% of the people, since the goggles will move a little as you fly and no matter what, you won't have the full picture until you mod them.

www.FliteEvolution.com FliteEvolution's Avatar
    There are alot of these goggles out in the market with mostly positive remarks. I think some people will want to modify them a bit to fit the way they would like and frankly, they might not fit everyone. If you ski or ride dirt bikes, you know that there are lots of different styles and designs to choose from. Some fit, feel right and some don't. It wasn't easy for me to come up with a goggle that fit the Fat Shark mold and provided the comfort, darkness, fit and usability that was expected for FPV. I think I did a pretty good job and I'm sorry for the folks that aren't happy or just want to bash the product. This is a small business (for the time being), so profits are minimal and I can't afford to return items, cover shipping charges etc. All sales are final and that is listed on my website. Maybe in the future I can offer something different.

I have never had the foam be a problem with visibility but I suppose that could happen. I also have never had them move on me during flight, so I don't understand that remark. I tried offering an OTG goggle but the shape of an OTG is entirely different and doesn't fit the Fat Shark frame mold at all. Someone give it a shot and if you find a solution, I would be happy to bring that goggle to market and give you credit for the design.

In the meantime, lets try and respect the ones attempting to make a difference.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by FliteEvolution View Post
    There are alot of these goggles out in the market with mostly positive remarks. I think some people will want to modify them a bit to fit the way they would like and frankly, they might not fit everyone. If you ski or ride dirt bikes, you know that there are lots of different styles and designs to choose from. Some fit, feel right and some don't. It wasn't easy for me to come up with a goggle that fit the Fat Shark mold and provided the comfort, darkness, fit and usability that was expected for FPV. I think I did a pretty good job and I'm sorry for the folks that aren't happy or just want to bash the product. This is a small business (for the time being), so profits are minimal and I can't afford to return items, cover shipping charges etc. All sales are final and that is listed on my website. Maybe in the future I can offer something different.

I have never had the foam be a problem with visibility but I suppose that could happen. I also have never had them move on me during flight, so I don't understand that remark. I tried offering an OTG goggle but the shape of an OTG is entirely different and doesn't fit the Fat Shark frame mold at all. Someone give it a shot and if you find a solution, I would be happy to bring that goggle to market and give you credit for the design.

In the meantime, lets try and respect the ones attempting to make a difference.
    So basicaly you say don't criticise the product I sell and don't report on the flaws online? Oh and by the way it is not your idea:
    http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...1&postcount=36 I believe Rob from FPV plastics came up with it.

This is the last thing I have to say on this matter.
    Last edited by rwijnhov; 15th May 2013 at 05:54 AM.

Pilot
    Having criticism over a product is a mark of disrespect since when?

The goggles move like any other unless you're perfectly still. That's fine. And indeed some people might find some goggles more or less conformable.
    However, the amount of vision you get in these changes if they're adjusted to the millimeter to your face. It's not about comfort or shape. You need to have your eyes perfectly aligned because there is only a couple millimiters of free space between the edge of the dominator's screen and the goggle's screen. Simple as that!

Hmm. Very informative concerning the product, performance and also themanufacturer's character. I was considering these but think now I will passsince the distance from lens to eye seems to be the overwhelming issue amongstusers. One size does not fit all. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>

The hobbyist will always appreciate innovation, but with new ideas andproducts comes criticism which can only help (if constructive) to improve theproduct and make it more appealing to the masses. <o></o>

The kit could include maybe three templates so the end usercan pick the best for his/her needs and/or a sunken template that essentiallyplaces the FS lens closer to the eye. Food for thought. <o></o>

www.FliteEvolution.com FliteEvolution's Avatar
    Constructive criticism is healthy and appreciated, but some of the general forum bashing, personal attacks and exaggeration we see on the sites doesn't go over well so I will retort on occasion.

The design of the FS goggles doesn't allow for much flexibility in attaching to it which means the distance to/from the goggles is hard to adjust. That distance is also a challenge as peoples eyes are at different distances. This is probably why no one has ever mass produced a goggle like this before.

If you have had one of our UAV's, you would know that we strive to build the best product possible and have very high standards. In an attempt to provide a better fit for some users, we have an idea:

I have heard of a few people wanting the FS goggle to sit higher on the ski goggle and we are considering another lens which would do that, maybe 2-4cm higher. We would want to include two (2) lenses in the kit because I don't know how we could recommend one lens over the other. The 2nd lens would increase the price of the kit. We might be able to get by with a $10 increase which would put the goggles at $60 instead of $50. For those who already have our goggles, we could offer the 2nd lens at a discount.

Your comments on a 2-4cm higher FOV would assist us in determining this new lens design and eye port location.