http://www.fliteevolution.com/

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FatShark Ski Goggles : www.fliteevolution.com

www.FliteEvolution.com FliteEvolution's Avatar

FatShark Ski Goggles : www.fliteevolution.com

Flite Evolution is proud to announce their Clearview Ski Goggle for the popular Fat Shark FPV goggles. Standard model available in black and white and an OTG (over the glasses) model available in black.

Flite Evolution focuses on ARF and RTF unmanned aircraft platforms and service, as well as high quality FPV and autopilot products.

Please see us at:
    www.fliteevolution.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Flite...38300766258127

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Resize RC_04.jpg 
Views:	1176 
Size:	457.1 KB 
ID:	24131
    Last edited by FliteEvolution; 16th April 2013 at 03:43 PM.

Nice - guys you should see FEs banner rotating through the site. Welcome aboard.
    "I Like Waffles" : FPVLab on Facebook and FPVLab on Twitter

Nice looking set of goggles, I wish you guys carried that all in one cable for the fatsharks too, I'd order one right now.

Quote Originally Posted by WNCmotard View Post
    Nice looking set of goggles, I wish you guys carried that all in one cable for the fatsharks too, I'd order one right now.
    I'm not sure what you mean by "one cable"? We don't do anything with the FS power or A/V cables. This is simply a snap-on goggle which replaces the rubber eye cups.

Quote Originally Posted by FliteEvolution View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean by "one cable"? We don't do anything with the FS power or A/V cables. This is simply a snap-on goggle which replaces the rubber eye cups.
    Eh, the cable that is in the pic you posted. It carries power and the AV signal in one nice neat cable, rather than two separate cables.

Hi FliteEvolution, can you tell me if your ski goggles will put the Dominator screens at the same distance away from the eyes as the regular eyecups do? I know some mods cause the screens to be slightly further away which is not so great.

Quote Originally Posted by Moelich73 View Post
    Hi FliteEvolution, can you tell me if your ski goggles will put the Dominator screens at the same distance away from the eyes as the regular eyecups do? I know some mods cause the screens to be slightly further away which is not so great.
    Good question!
    I'm not sure how the lenses (fresnel lens?) work in the fatsharks in general, but I'm guesstimating that the apparent image size (45" @ 7" - from fs dominators documentation) will be reduced by ~30%.
    And how exactly does FS come up with 45" @ 7"? My eyes are not 7" from the screen...

Edit: after doing some more reading, assuming the lenses in the FS are fresnel lenses, the focal point is fixed. So any increased distance from the eye to the lens results in a pure overall perceived image size reduction. I don't know how much further ones eyes are from the lenses so can't really calculate the image reduction, but I'll stick with my guesstimate...
    Last edited by longgtom; 10th April 2013 at 10:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WNCmotard View Post
    Eh, the cable that is in the pic you posted. It carries power and the AV signal in one nice neat cable, rather than two separate cables.
    I'm aware of the cable. What's your question or problem?

They are just a bit further away however I don't think they compromise the FOV in any way. You can add or delete some of the foam on the goggle to adjust that distance. It's somewhat dependent on your face shape as well. I created the Clearview goggle for myself about 9 months ago and after several friends and flyers requested them, I decided to mass market them. I spent weeks testing different ski goggles to ensure the fit, shape and distance worked well with the FS goggles. Some ski goggles were too stiff while others didn't accept the FS goggle correctly. Ultimately, I found a nice mix which allowed for greater comfort, breathability, no light infiltration and an excellent image.

Some flyers will prefer a TV screen or OEM FS goggle, but for the ones who have tried a ski goggle and are looking for the attributes I referenced, they'll never fly without them. Many will be in the hands of flyers in the next few weeks, so I'm sure you'll see some good reviews.

Co-Pilot
    +1. Don't want to spend 50 bucks to find out. I had the same question.