Page 1 of 170 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: QAV540G with Integrated Brushless Camera Gimbal

Forum Member

QAV540G with Integrated Brushless Camera Gimbal

The newly available brushless gimbal control boards are quickly bringing commercial grade aerial videography to the masses in an affordable way. Gimbal motors are now becoming available and the first commercial gimbals are already available as well.

I want to show you the current status of fpvmanual's new frame prototype -- the QAV540G. The QAV540G combines the stability of the QAV quad series with a fully integrated brushless gimbal for a GoPro 3. The frame will not show props in view even in extreme flight angles (disclaimer: more testing needed to confirm this statement to be true under all conditions). This video shows some of our early test footage. There are still things to iron out and the frame will likely still change in a few spots -- but overall, I think we're close enough to get your feedback.

Many videos that demonstrate camera gimbals and their efficacy fly the airframe in a super agressive way. In this video, I chose to fly the quad how I would always fly it to produce clean video -- smoothly. This enables the gimbal to have to do the most minimal amount of work to smooth out the remaining wobbles that a non-gimbal airframe will show in the footage.

We will provide more details as we get closer to release date (such as pictures of the frame). I wanted to make this announcement now to let everyone know that we are hard at work to provide one of the first airframes that will come with an integrated brushless gimbal.

Some details:

• The frame has to carry a gimbal and a 5000mah 4s to counter balance the weight due to the way we structured the frame. This means that the QAV540G will be... heavy
    • The gimbal is produced to fit a GoPro 3 and only a GoPro 3
    • Max prop size: 11" prop
    • The frame will be sold with the gimbal and most likely with the appropriate gimbal motors -- but not with a BGC board or other electronics
    • Release date: still ways away, unfortunately
    • Price: TBD

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by timnilson View Post
    The newly available brushless gimbal control boards are quickly bringing commercial grade aerial videography to the masses in an affordable way. Gimbal motors are now becoming available and the first commercial gimbals are already available as well.

I want to show you the current status of fpvmanual's new frame prototype -- the QAV540G. The QAV540G combines the stability of the QAV quad series with a fully integrated brushless gimbal for a GoPro 3. The frame will not show props in view even in extreme flight angles (disclaimer: more testing needed to confirm this statement to be true under all conditions). This video shows some of our early test footage. There are still things to iron out and the frame will likely still change in a few spots -- but overall, I think we're close enough to get your feedback.

Many videos that demonstrate camera gimbals and their efficacy fly the airframe in a super agressive way. In this video, I chose to fly the quad how I would always fly it to produce clean video -- smoothly. This enables the gimbal to have to do the most minimal amount of work to smooth out the remaining wobbles that a non-gimbal airframe will show in the footage.

We will provide more details as we get closer to release date (such as pictures of the frame). I wanted to make this announcement now to let everyone know that we are hard at work to provide one of the first airframes that will come with an integrated brushless gimbal.

Some details:

• The frame has to carry a gimbal and a 5000mah 4s to counter balance the weight due to the way we structured the frame. This means that the QAV540G will be... heavy
    • The gimbal is produced to fit a GoPro 3 and only a GoPro 3
    • Max prop size: 11" prop
    • The frame will be sold with the gimbal and most likely with the appropriate gimbal motors -- but not with a BGC board or other electronics
    • Release date: still ways away, unfortunately
    • Price: TBD
    Looking forward to this release

Forum Member
    Hot sauce! Looks great

Forum Member
    wooahhhh, one for me pls!
    Hey Tim, where is the pre-order button!

Andy

Forum Member
    Sweetness bro!

Lou

Forum Member
    nice

Forum Member
    looks like some good results. I've been playing with my own brushless firmware lately .
    [QUOTE=jimmaplesong;128705]When you're outraged at chatch, please don't quote his bullshit.[/QUOTE]

Forum Member
    Looking great Tim! Testing this one up north if you want
    Long range FPV is so 2009 :D

Forum Member

Looks fantastic! Was looking to order a QAV500 but may just wait now.

Forum Member
    Need pics !!