FPVLAB

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Northern Illinois or Chicago Area FPV?

Navigator
    I grew up in Barrington Hills, worked at Venture Hobbies while I was in high school... Next time I come back home I'll drop a line!

I've got a 3 month old at home, but should be able to sneak out for a bit before it gets freezing cold.
    fpvforme.com
    KC9WRC

Navigator

Northern Illinois or Chicago Area FPV?

I hear ya got a couple little guys too. Last Sunday morn I got a pass from the warden and was at the field at 7am and back by 9. I'm going to try for this weekend again if the weather cooperates

Navigator
    i'm in the City on the northside.. a few of us get together once or twice a week.

Navigator
    Folks, I live in Springfield, IL. I think that it would be great location to "pull" flyers from Chicago as well as St. Louis. Maybe even tie it into the time frame of the Illinois State Fair. 2013 - August 8 - 18. 2014 - August 7 - 17.
    Dump the wife and kids there! We all have a great time! Or possibly sooner in the year during the Spring months.

I have also been thinking "out of the Box" I feel that these gatherings should not only be about learning and sharing knowledge, but, about fun as well. and something to challenge the FPV sport to a new level.

I cannot get it out of my head as to having a course for small aircraft flying an obstacle course, or perhaps some kind of pylon race. Something along the lines of keeping it simple and inexpensive.
    Other idea's: A medium size course, more or so for precision .......fly out around a marked course with a spot landing.

Endurance flight.....cross country.......The skills and knowledge for these categories will push the envelope, and we all could learn so much from the individuals succeeding with this challenge.

What idea's do you all have for a gathering.

I am not a veteran of FPV, but I am with Heli's, Planes, Sloap Soaring etc.... I have more to learn from you all than you can imagine, but, I am ready for this next level of adventure.

Besides, I am getting old, and need to start on this adventure! What better way than to enjoy with others!
    Kevin

Navigator
    I'm up in wauconda. I need to find some new places to fly.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawagner View Post
    I'm up in wauconda. I need to find some new places to fly.
    You are welcome to join the SkyknightsRC group. Their field is located in the area of Gilmer/Erhart Rd. It has a runway and joins a farm field and the Lake County Forest Preserve. Their website is http://skyknightsrc.org/ . It's a beautiful place to fly and is within 10 minutes from downtown Wauconda. Check it out!

Navigator
    Hmm yea ive seen people flying there while driving by. Ill check it out thanks!

Navigator
    Hey guys, Niles/Park Ridge/Des Plaines area here. I'm looking for others to fly with. Solo isn't always fun!

Try being lost at Mach 3. punchy's Avatar
    Northern Illinois, NW suburbs of Chicago, USA
    Anyone trying to fly in this weather? Post any cool WINTER FPV videos...
    The three most common expressions in aviation: "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast