Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL FPVLab PARENTING Thread!

Navigator

OFFICIAL FPVLab PARENTING Thread!

LOL Swillhide! That's the exact thing you say when they take your car and crash it, but this is with a quad!

In any case, I'd rather they have fun crashing my rc stuff then going to get high under a bridge at night.

Turn them into geeks I say!!

Dan

The goggles do nothing! chicken sashimi's Avatar
    Haha.. I miss getting high under bridges.. but that's a story for a different thread. lol
    Swillhide, I think Rehost makes a good point.. at least he didn't crash your car... (yet?)

I did some bad shit growing up.. so I expect the same or worse from my offspring. Hopefully she takes after her mother.

Rehost.. yes videogame environment artist. Basically I 3D model and texture worlds, vehicles, props.. anything except characters.

Navigator

Oh I'm all kinds of jealous now. I'm 33 years old and still play video games

Turn her into a nerd! It's your only hope! Hahaha pass de Dutchie pon the left hand side...

Haha what do you play? No shame in playing games at our age. (yes, i'm actually 33 as well!)

I worked at EA and now at UFG.
    Skate, Skate2, SleepingDogs, TombRaider AS to name a few.

She will definitely be a nerd. It's going to be particle physics and quantum theory as bedtime reading, not too long from now.

My daughter and I have an annual event to go to our secret swimming hole...
    This is last year, she's 16 now......

"Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills"- Author unknown

KF7TRX

Navigator

I am an FPS guy. Call of duty, Battlefield3 right now. Holy cow I love that game. Incredibly immersive gameplay. I think EA nailed that game , I got really fed up of all the quick scoping going on in COD. Drives me crazy how unrealistic it gets. At least Battlefield requires skills for long shots.

I used to play Tomb Raider when it first came out. Must have been going through puberty at the time since all I can remember was her fine polygon arse and tittehhhs. LOL. I heard the new one is going to be crazy realistic.

No more money for PC gaming so I'm on PS3 now!

@ScottU you're doing something right buddy. It's rare that the kids want to spend time with parents anymore. These are precious moments!

Navigator

It all goes so quick. Got my first phone call from the teacher the other day. It's week 8 of kindergarten and already sent out of class for constantly talking Iol, my daughter for sure. I really wanted to say to the teacher "what do you want me to do about it? I get it 24/7 and will for the next 18 years. You've only got a year, 9 to 5, you'll be right!"
    I can see this thread being a favourite
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363992284.065996.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	333.7 KB 
ID:	23229
    My daughter as we speak riding her pony getting ready for the Royal Easter Show. The gear I could get for that horse haha wouldn't trade it for the moon it makes her that happy!

Navigator

That's a good one 5h! What your daughter doesn't appreciate now, she will when she's older. I went through a phase where I hated my dad until I was about 30 years old. Now I admire him for working so hard so my mom could take care of us. Never saw him, he never played with us, and he never really spent time with us. Then I started working with him, don't EVER bring family into business. Especially if you're Italian! Hahaha

Maybe my next one will be a girl so I could play teatime with her or whatever girls do treat them like princesses! But for now I enjoy every minute of this shitty winter with my son since we are in between seasons (Snow removal in the winter, Landscape maintenance in the summer). Watching the snow melt as we speak

This thread is great.. All squishy and warm. My heart swells.. thanks for spurring it Rehost!

I was huge into every COD game since the original, but haven't played games since getting into FPV. FPV is a demanding mistress and I enjoy tinkering in my shop.. feels more productive than all those hours I spent shooting videogame people in the face. the new TR game is awesome and Lara Croft is hotter than ever.. although she faces some pretty serious challenges in this one.

5h.. awesome stuff.. cute pic with your daughter on a pony.
    I wanted a boy pretty badly when we started talking about offspring... Little Lilah came along and I think she's even better. I hear boys are a real handful and if my girl is chill by comparison.. I can't imagine the amount of work a little man would be!
    Regardless, you love what you get and my little one has turned me into a big softie. haha!

Navigator

Ya man. I was an emotionless, heartless stone before my son came along. Now I come home after work and he looks at me with his arms up to grab him and I melt. Yup.

Keep it up guys (and FPV girls!) we love our kids now let's all get some shirts from ChickenS! Damn dude wasn't expecting all this you officially have the coolest thread on FPVLab!