Page 2 of 301 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Naze32 Acro | Multiboot controller - CC3D compatible FC for $25

I only have version 3 of the acro board too. I also have version 1 of the naze32 board .... I've been flying naze32 for about a year already
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-03-18 15.18.42.jpg 
Views:	7256 
Size:	281.1 KB 
ID:	22983 My cc3d is not shown as it is in a copter. been flying that more.

When you put the cc3d code on, can you then use the standard openpilot ground station or do you need to use a ported version?

I love how my cc3d flies and if I could get my naze acro flying like that I would be happy. Oh when are the white versions coming out? oh it isn't that easy to solder either. I am not even going to try. Look at my knife for scale. Not an easy solder job.

Name:	2013-03-18 15.19.06.jpg 
Views:	1824 
Size:	146.0 KB 
ID:	22984

I put my pins in flat. I hate them sticking up. I use ppm so only 3 pins needed.

Name:	2013-03-18 15.18.23.jpg 
Views:	3774 
Size:	301.3 KB 
ID:	22982
    Last edited by whakahere; 18th March 2013 at 10:26 AM.
    Whaka's Tinkerings blog --> http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread.php?36623-Whaka-s-Tinkering&p=631753#post631753
    Battle H Virus (home build basher quad tutorial) --> ]http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread.php?12544-Tutorial-Battle-H-Virus
    Range record on 5.8ghz 200mw 24km --> http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1441664

The one thing I know how to do well with FPV - crash. All in a day of fun!
    I believe landing is a full body experience .... I do my best to aim for your body.

Quote Originally Posted by brock-samson View Post
    That link looks like its for the rev 3. Are they selling the rev 4 yet? Awesome find!
    well they're lazy at updating the website. the Rev. 3 boards sold out at the end of february so they make the Rev. 4 now. I bought the "rev3" from that link and received a white Rev4. so Rev3 is done with from now on.

I don't sell them, I only use the boards. just thought i'd make a post because it's an amazing deal. i have another in the mail for a mini LOS quad

Quote Originally Posted by whakahere View Post
    I only have version 3 of the acro board too. I also have version 1 of the naze32 board .... I've been flying naze32 for about a year already

Name:	2013-03-18 15.18.42.jpg 
Views:	7256 
Size:	281.1 KB 
ID:	22983 My cc3d is not shown as it is in a copter. been flying that more.

When you put the cc3d code on, can you then use the standard openpilot ground station or do you need to use a ported version?

I love how my cc3d flies and if I could get my naze acro flying like that I would be happy. Oh when are the white versions coming out? oh it isn't that easy to solder either. I am not even going to try. Look at my knife for scale. Not an easy solder job.

Name:	2013-03-18 15.19.06.jpg 
Views:	1824 
Size:	146.0 KB 
ID:	22984

I put my pins in flat. I hate them sticking up. I use ppm so only 3 pins needed.

Name:	2013-03-18 15.18.23.jpg 
Views:	3774 
Size:	301.3 KB 
ID:	22982
    native USB is disabled so no GCS connection. I would use the TauLabs code from now on, https://github.com/SVentas/TauLabs/tree/sventas/naze32
    Last edited by chatch; 18th March 2013 at 12:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmaplesong View Post
    When you're outraged at chatch, please don't quote his bullshit.

BUILD.FLY.CRASH.REBUILD.
    omg LOVE these boards. I have them on all of my rigs.

I do know a place to purchase them in the states though, for the same price (you'll get it in 2 days).

(wink wink).

Instructor Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by chatch15117 View Post
    Now that CC3D is working fine, the TauLabs code is being ported to Naze32. Tau Labs is made up of original openpilot developers that wanted to see more out of the board. GPS support, waypoint navigation, etc. has been in development for a while. It seems to be moving a lot faster than the original OP project
    Chris instead of posting this as CC3D compatible and poopooing the OP Project then telling people to run Tau Labs why don't you just list it as Tau Labs compatible in your thread?

I'm more worried about shorts.

The soldering I can do but that bare copper wire worries me. Why do you like CCD over naze?

Quote Originally Posted by terabyte View Post
    Chris instead of posting this as CC3D compatible and poopooing the OP Project then telling people to run Tau Labs why don't you just list it as Tau Labs compatible in your thread?
    Tau labs is based on openpilot code. Both projects are open source, that includes hardware and software. OP doesn't profit from the hardware. OP is run as "buy my hardware and give me free code kkthx".

It's like saying your hardware/software is Debian compatible, instead of Ubuntu. Ubuntu is based on Debian

Quote Originally Posted by stgdz View Post
    I'm more worried about shorts.

The soldering I can do but that bare copper wire worries me. Why do you like CCD over naze?
    there's no soldering to do. that picture is for OLD boards. all the new ones are ready to go.

Have an old Rev. 3 board? Buy a new one. It's $25 shipped...

I think terabyte is right here mate. We all know that you were kicked from OP but that doesn't mean you don't show some respect what they are doing. Just rename the thread to something like Tau Labs - CC3D port. Show some respect to the lads at Tau labs for doing the work in the first place.

It's like saying Debian compatible ... but really it is Red Hat.

Anyway what is the point of putting the tau software on if you can't use the groundstation software? That is some of the best stuff about openpilot. I think I will stick with multiwii with these things and use my real cc3d on OP.
    Whaka's Tinkerings blog --> http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread.php?36623-Whaka-s-Tinkering&p=631753#post631753
    Battle H Virus (home build basher quad tutorial) --> ]http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread.php?12544-Tutorial-Battle-H-Virus
    Range record on 5.8ghz 200mw 24km --> http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1441664

I believe landing is a full body experience .... I do my best to aim for your body.

Quote Originally Posted by whakahere View Post

I love how my cc3d flies and if I could get my naze acro flying like that I would be happy.

I'm interested to know which part you can't make acro naze32 fly like cc3d? for naze32, I only apply these settings in CLI with default PIDs in iconic-x, 450 frame, tbs discovery and it flies pretty much the same. though my iconic-x is on cc3d now. with cc3d, I had to do a lot of tuning (not saying its bad) but I feel it flies pretty much the same (in rate). not sure what mode you fly the most.

set looptime = 3000
    set acc_lpf_factor = 100

@catch,
    and what's wrong with baseflight? looks good to me

this is with acro naze32 white board version on 450 frame.. just got it last friday.
    youtube/hadriez

please outline how this is wrong:

Using open source code on compatible hardware.

This is not:
    -hi, i cracked the secureboot and am flashing my own copied board
    -hi, i stole the source code and am making my own board
    -hi, i stole the forbidden closed source hardware design and reverse engineered it

This is:
    -hi, I found a board that can fly 3 different projects (multiwii, original openpilot, Tau Labs), and has the same sensors as CC3D, for $25

If you want the CC3D board, it's readily available for purchase. There seems to be some sort of confusion about the motivation of the developers. They don't expect compensation, it's a project they enjoy, and their time and expertise is donated.

OpenPilot is very unique, in its structure as it is both non-commercial and non-profit based. So the choice was made to offer our hardware as close to cost as we can, while only having a small margin to ensure the project can keep progressing.
    That's a pretty *large* margin. Going from 2 to 4 layer PCB cost at most $10 more. So that's what, a $35 100% compatible CC3D board? Obtaining a "real" CC3D in the US cost right around $100.
    Last edited by chatch; 18th March 2013 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hadriez View Post
    I'm interested to know which part you can't make acro naze32 fly like cc3d? for naze32, I only apply these settings in CLI with default PIDs in iconic-x, 450 frame, tbs discovery and it flies pretty much the same. though my iconic-x is on cc3d now. with cc3d, I had to do a lot of tuning (not saying its bad) but I feel it flies pretty much the same (in rate). not sure what mode you fly the most.

set looptime = 3000
    set acc_lpf_factor = 100

@catch,
    and what's wrong with baseflight? looks good to me

]
    I fly in rate ... strange but I find flying in level mode harder. level is baseflight I find rubbish anyway.

Not sure why but getting it more stable in rate was easier with my cc3d. I have a feeling I just stuffed up my tuning though. Going to give it another go. I just picked up the acro naze32 and I have been using v1 naze32 before that. I am going to throw it in my quad afterwork tomorrow and see how it goes.

Page 2 of 301 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast