Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Beginner's Guide to FPV - its here!

Hey - thanks for the feedback Adam - really glad it's been useful!

Just purchased your book for my Kindle. Looking forward to reading and learning from it.

Chip

Bought it just so I can learn enough to ask better questions. Plus it's a great idea. If there were an online class, I would pay money for that too.

Navigator
    Thanks for getting the ebook out there. I just picked it up from Amazon.

Brought the hardcopy BW version (via Amazon) and glad I did - It's been a struggle learning and figuring out FPV by reading three months of threads and watching a lot of videos in the process. The result is I'm still a little clueless in some areas, but the learning curve is not so vertical now since reading and understanding the guide.
    It will be a few more weeks of learning before pulling the trigger on my first plane, configuring it, flying it, crashing it and then rebuilding it etc. Want to go to a meet - just waiting for one not too far away.
    I have an Aurora 9, which controls my scale tug boat, but found it is not the best control Tx for FPV. That was one of the things learned indirectly from the guide. ProtoCrash - Thx for sharing your knowledge!

The Beginner's Guide to FPV - its here!

Hi fpv1 - really glad you found the guide useful and thanks for providing the feedback!

About your aurora, dont forget that it may be just fine with a uhf long range system (dragonlink, ezuhf etc)...

Yeah, good point about the Aurora and will keep that in mind during the configuration. This maybe dumb question, maybe not - Can UHF be used at close range, say < 1 km? The reason I ask: all the talk is long range capability with UHF

Quote Originally Posted by FPV1 View Post
    Yeah, good point about the Aurora and will keep that in mind during the configuration. This maybe dumb question, maybe not - Can UHF be used at close range, say < 1 km? The reason I ask: all the talk is long range capability with UHF
    Yes it works at short ranges too, otherwise that would be a real hasse.
    But it also works at longer ranges (compared to 2.4ghz controll)

Thx gnrc for the quick response - Looking forward to IBCrazy's LRS comparison

Navigator
    Hello, just bought your ebook on kindle, for the money I can't see why anyone would not want to read it before investing in any set up, might save a lot of cash and heartache and headaches from reading so many diverse threads on the forums. So many of the threads are over 50 pages and trying to read every one surely has given me eyestrain. Don't get me wrong, the forums are great but searching through them can be a daunting task for us new guys to try and understand. I am enjoying and really like FPVLAB and a few other sites and semi retirement has given me time to read hundreds+. Gotta luv the fun stuff.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast