Thread: Version of TBS Disco Frame

Navigator

Version of TBS Disco Frame

Hi All,

Sorry if this has already been answered somewhere but I can't seem to find anything related to it.

How can I tell what version of the TBS Disco frame I have? I bought and built my kit a couple of weeks ago now, but I'm struggling to find anywhere that references whether it's 1.1, 1.2, or 1.3.

Regards,
    Brian

Pilot
    The version number is on the bottom board near the back where it says team-blacksheep.com if I'm not mistaken.

Version of TBS Disco Frame

Are there some differences about board version? I have 1.2 that I suppose (maybe) is the last version of tbs boards.

Max

Pilot
    The version number is where the flight controller mounts

Yes, very subtle differences and testimony to our "continuous improvement" philosophy. We started out with a 100A sensor, then we went down to 50A and re-organized the connector sockets, re-arranged the pads to match the sockets, and some other changes. We are now rolling out V1.3 (first boards shipped 2 days ago). The camera plate now includes solder points for you to secure the camera with solder. The top plate has CH8 routed also to the back of the camera to make it easier to install a camera-switcher. And the CORE solder pads are improved for better soldering.

Navigator
    Ahh, well that would explain why I can't find it, because it's all assembled

I "think" it's a 1.2 then; it has the CoG as a little round circle quartered off, and looks slightly different to some of the earlier models. As I got it a couple of weeks back I'm going to run with that opinion. Not that it really matters to me, it was more about curiosity at this stage having read through other posts about various things!

Cheers for the help,

-Brian

Navigator
    Oh and Trappy, Awesome piece of kit! It's my first foray into quads (or any rc flying unit for that matter), as advised by a friend of mine who has a hex. Very stable, very nimble, and quite easy to put together. Just ordered my GoPro3 and the only bit of kit I need to get now to complete it is an FPV kit; other than that it's done.

If anything the only addition I would ask for is a bit more information on where bits can mount to, sort of like a diagram similar to mounting the naza FC. I know this is a hobby where "if you have to ask you probably shouldn't be doing it", so to speak, but something just to clarify a little would be handy. In my case it was trying to figure out if the other +/- connectors in the middle/side of the base plate *should* be reserved for anything. As it stands I've got my voltage monitor soldered to it now though.

-Brian