FPVLAB

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031

Thread: Show us your wings!

nice tree landing

Now this is my kind of thread I've had 2 FPV flying wings and have a third coming tomorrow that I'm going to set up as well. The first two are documented here with photos and such https://sites.google.com/site/djopro.../thefpvproject

The first one was mostly a test platform to see what would work best. 2nd was supposed to be better but didn't go exactly as planned. The third (CTH Titan coming soon) is going to be running UHF control and is going to be designed for longer ranges

The third one I probably won't do the same. The first two were the same platform so they were special

FPV Flying Wing #1 - PopWing 900mm (my first FPV platform of all time as well!)
    Tested out 2.4 GHz 10mw, 5.8 GHz 600mw and 1.3 GHz 200mw on this one
    Tested out RMRC 600 and 700TVL Cams, and PZ0420 on this one too
    Also tested 72 MHz for control, Corona RX, and 2.4 GHz for control

Went from this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN4697.JPG 
Views:	141 
Size:	156.8 KB 
ID:	26928

To this:

Name:	DSCN4923.JPG 
Views:	148 
Size:	103.5 KB 
ID:	26929

FPV Flying Wing #2 - PopWing (v2.0 Build)

This one was laminated and used different electronics. Overall though I got a little more performance for a LOT less flight time which I didn't like.
    Tested 1.3 GHz 150mw on this one, with PZ0420 as well
    Tested 2.4 GHz for control more

This:

Name:	DSCN5248.JPG 
Views:	142 
Size:	110.6 KB 
ID:	26930

To this

Name:	DSCN5290.JPG 
Views:	141 
Size:	79.8 KB 
ID:	26931

Those were both quite a while ago and I'm not flying them FPV anymore. My most recent one coming soon is a Crash Test Hobby Titan which I'm going to be putting an interesting power setup in for (hopefully) long flight times and good performance. It's a little bit bigger than I'd like but I need it larger as the winds really affected the two PopWings a LOT.

Any more info you want on these planes just check out my FPV PROJECT playlist on YouTube, which has been growing lately as well http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...TsBH5dTitaLJJg

Dan

My new Zebro 52 V2

Name:	20130915_132051.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	293.1 KB 
ID:	32226
    ZebroWings .com
    2Vision-Air .com

here is the top side :

All done by hand with scisors and xacto

ZebroWings .com
    2Vision-Air .com

Navigator
    Nice finish Bakchos!

Bringing this thread back! What is everyone working on?

I have a Defiant 42 on the bench right now, very impressed with this kit.

Name:	received_393522487845843.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	314.8 KB 
ID:	78738
    Last edited by Derrick; 22nd August 2018 at 08:15 AM.
    When nothing else out there will suit your needs... design and build it yourself.

^ I've been seeing a lot of buzz about those. Hmmm - maybe I should...
    "I Like Waffles" : FPVLab on Facebook and FPVLab on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by SENTRY View Post
    ^ I've been seeing a lot of buzz about those. Hmmm - maybe I should...
    The kit is great, I am finishing up the build and should be flying soon... I think that it will be a great addition to the hanger, but I feel that the sweet spot for a wing is at the 50" span mark. I think that 38/42" is just to small, and a 60" is just to big.
    When nothing else out there will suit your needs... design and build it yourself.

I took the 48" ELEBEE and chopped them down to 42", and then even further to 40". I found that 40 was the sweet spot for duration, smoothnesson roll axis, and portability (coming from the Scout Bee which was 60"). The key ( for me) was to keep them light when they're at that size.
    "I Like Waffles" : FPVLab on Facebook and FPVLab on Twitter

My Sonic Modell HD Wing from BG. I have very successfull flights without a flight controller so I decided it was safe to add on some FPV gear since it flew well. I had read and watched videos of other pilots having difficulties launching so was pleasantly surprised when I had no problems hand launching mine.

Did a remaiden with a Matek F405 Wing and launched in Manual mode and it flew great. I tested angle, horizon, and RTH and they worked as it should. Wanted to try the iNav Auto Launch and after some trial and errors got it set up. Since the numerous videos I watched were mostly sidearm launches I decided I'd give it a try. I have never launched this way and was not so comfortable doing it but thought no worries the auto launch would make it a snap. Boy was I wrong when it didnt work as I hoped. Not the FC's fault, my side launch was terrible and it wasnt launched level causing my wi g to flat spin and spiral into the ground. No major damage except the soft nose cone. Which i think being so soft it absorbed the entire impact and not transfer the impact to the rest of the frame.
    Glued it up and tried the next day. First I took my small wing to the park and got 7 of 7 perfect side launches with that. I had the confidence that I could do it with my larger wing.
    First attempt I almost had it but it hit the ground again. Back to the tailgate glued the nose again and 10 minutes later it was time for a second try. This time I tried my standard overhand throw I though I could just launch it and the motor would kick in quick enough and it would fly away smoothly. Smoothly into the ground. Glued her up again and this time my buddy who was good at side launches tossed it for me. SUCCESS!!! It did a dip after release but climbed before hitting the grass. Rest of the flight went well.
    That was saturday, sunday I thought I was ready to do it myself. Same thing it drives after launch and didnt climb quick enough. Broke the prop and threw a few magnets, crunched nose again but repairable. Need new motor to fly again.
    I'll stick to manual launches as it's been working well. The rest of the FC features are working well.

Mahalo,
    Les
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181027_071137.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	159.4 KB 
ID:	78848   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181013_085918.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	225.4 KB 
ID:	78849  

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031