Page 309 of 425 FirstFirst ... 209259299307308309310311319359409 ... LastLast
Results 3,081 to 3,090 of 4246

Thread: TBS CAIPIRINHA - small flying wing

Navigator
    Whoops again. Fixed the video!

Quote Originally Posted by silverburn View Post
    Whoops again. Fixed the video!
    Nooooooooooo! Aw man, sorry about your scuffle with that tree. It was like a magnet or something. It pulled you in, closer with each pass. You were moving too. Are you building a replacement?
    "I think it is just terrible and disgusting how everyone has treated Lance Armstrong, especially after what he achieved, winning seven Tour de France races while on drugs. When I was on drugs, I couldn't even find my bike." -Willie Nelson
    youtube.com/user/austntexan

Co-Pilot
    Come on... break out the hot-glue and get that bird back in the air!

Navigator
    Still waiting for shipment and have read through page 54 so far...but, do you all sand down the wing halves before gluing? I have both Goop (EC6000 which is the jewlery verision (thinner)) and white Gorilla glue. My last EPP was I guess wire cut and was not shiny. I did not sand the EPP down and both glues stick like mad! The foam tears up before the glue lets go of it. I'm confident both will work, just do I need to sand first?

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by austntexan View Post
    Nooooooooooo! Aw man, sorry about your scuffle with that tree. It was like a magnet or something. It pulled you in, closer with each pass. You were moving too. Are you building a replacement?
    Already order a white replacement Gonna do me the elevons and winglets in blue.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by serpa4 View Post
    Still waiting for shipment and have read through page 54 so far...but, do you all sand down the wing halves before gluing? I have both Goop (EC6000 which is the jewlery verision (thinner)) and white Gorilla glue. My last EPP was I guess wire cut and was not shiny. I did not sand the EPP down and both glues stick like mad! The foam tears up before the glue lets go of it. I'm confident both will work, just do I need to sand first?
    I CA'ed mine, no sanding. I hit a tree today at full throttle, and lost the last 2 inches of my port wing, but the two halves were still intact. So no sanding needed, IMO.

TBS CAIPIRINHA - small flying wing

Hey Biggles go to the tbs site and look in the manual for the discovery. There are a couple of diagrams for using the core that should help you understand how to hook everything up

Navigator
    This is how I taped mine, this way I get antenna over the leading edge and under.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by pokiou View Post
    HEhe.. all good, Look the range on these things are exceptional. Just need to make sure your in a nice open area. On my 2.4ghz i went about 2km and then chickened out and came back. Plus i had bad video after that point.

With the wires if you put it like i did you should be fine. I mean thats the way i was taught to put it. A plus gives you the best as it covers 2 axis, X and Y so when the plane tilts and moves around your getting maximum signal. But that is all theory and everything in the real world is different :P

Just copy the red lines. My 2.4ghz isn't that long but i have it similar .

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	futaba.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	308.1 KB 
ID:	43930  

Not wanting to start a groundless rumour, but just wondering whether the hold-up on Caipi availability is a sign that the next batch might feature some design revisions?

The more I read the more confusing about the core

Ok, here's me setup 2s battery, fatshark 5.8vtx and core and tbs 69.

How does the vtx gets its power? Is it from the pos and neg( from battery)on the left side of the board under VTX or is it powered by the plug on the fatshark that is designed to connect to the lipo via the lipo balance lead?
    I have read both have filters?
    Do I need to attach anything to the Vin and grd that are located under the sensor pad? Is this power coming to the core and the 5 tabs each side of the core marks vtx and cam (all outputs)?

Something so simple????

Can some put it straight so I don't have to waste another day thank you all