FPVLAB

Page 80 of 83 FirstFirst ... 30707879808182 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's talk about the Bixler 1 & 2

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Elmosan View Post
    Nice landing Golluk!

Yes If you don't mind me asking, though I think you know it already, making sure all your antennas are correctly polarised (Left Hand/Right Hand). And the no brand antennas tend to have really bad VSWR. I have tested >2VSWR consistently on those before.

Nice if you can give a shot of your GS antenna and plane antenna setup. Would be easier to trouble shoot. With decent antennas (even clovers), a bix should be able to shoot 2km(LOS) easy, without resorting to helicals/directionals antennas.

Elmosan
    Thanks. I just wish all my landings were that smooth. I'll grab some quick pictures of my set up and post them later. I have checked for correct polarization, but wouldn't hurt to check again.

Really wish the CAD dollar wasn't in the gutter. Would make buying 60 USD antennae easier to bear.

Edit: Make that $126 USD ($181.00 CAD...).

Update:

New antennae are on, and got to 3KM before control signal flaked out and triggered RTH. Video was pretty solid the whole way. Wouldn't be surprised if the video could last to 4KM. Back to figuring out whats wrong with my 433 system.
    Last edited by Golluk; 25th January 2016 at 06:22 PM.

Really wish the CAD dollar wasn't in the gutter.
    It could always get worse. The Brazilian R$ almost halved its value to the US$ in not much more than a year, after many years of relative stability. I'd be tempted to say THAt'S gutter, but you never know what still lies ahead. Hate to admit, but I might end up thinking 2015 wasn't that bad after all.

Quote Originally Posted by BrunoBL View Post
    It could always get worse. The Brazilian R$ almost halved its value to the US$ in not much more than a year, after many years of relative stability. I'd be tempted to say THAt'S gutter, but you never know what still lies ahead. Hate to admit, but I might end up thinking 2015 wasn't that bad after all.
    I bought more than I thought I needed when the Australian dollar on parity with the USD. It was worth it, though I didn't get enough servos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Monkey View Post
    ...There's a government bureaucracy for ya, working to make something legal that was never illegal. LOL!

For a Bix 3 does the cnc small parts motor mount still work?
    I aim to misbehave.
    I am a leaf on the wind; watch how I soar.

Small Parts have a mount specifically for the Bix3.

Tom.

Thanks Tom, I am going to build an FPV Trainer plane for training new FPV'ers in my club. I am leaning towards the Bix3 and I have built Bixler 2's in the past and was wondering if the cnc small parts mount I had for that would work on the 3. Gonna be a super simple build. Just the airplane and a basic 5.8 fpv setup. Would like to get a very simple OSD with just battery voltage on it if I can.
    I aim to misbehave.
    I am a leaf on the wind; watch how I soar.

You might be interested in this topic.

Tom.

So, first Bixler 2 build coming up and the big question I have is, assuming it will fit in the car, do I keep the wings removable, or make them semi-permanent/permanent?

It is probably going to be a short to mid range flyer it that makes a difference

Thanks
    Rusty
    NEFPV^

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty105 View Post
    So, first Bixler 2 build coming up and the big question I have is, assuming it will fit in the car, do I keep the wings removable, or make them semi-permanent/permanent?

It is probably going to be a short to mid range flyer it that makes a difference

Thanks
    I think most people have made them permanent, or at least velcro/magnet attached instead of the two screws.

Biggest pain with taking them off is the servo wires. Though if you got them on extensions that can pull out a bit to disconnect, and tuck back in when its back together, that would seem reasonable.

The only good thing about the stock wing secure, is it's so easy to break, you'll be replacing snapped wing spares and a 1" glue job, rather than snapped wing.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmosan View Post
    Nice landing Golluk!

Yes If you don't mind me asking, though I think you know it already, making sure all your antennas are correctly polarised (Left Hand/Right Hand). And the no brand antennas tend to have really bad VSWR. I have tested >2VSWR consistently on those before.

Nice if you can give a shot of your GS antenna and plane antenna setup. Would be easier to trouble shoot. With decent antennas (even clovers), a bix should be able to shoot 2km(LOS) easy, without resorting to helicals/directionals antennas.

Elmosan
    I took a look at my DVR footage from my last flight that got to 3Km. The DVR was only getting the video signal from the Airblade, and not the 5 turn helical. It had me curious when it would lose signal. I still don't know, because it never did. >3km omni directional on 5.8Ghz 200mw is fairly impressive to me.

Still have to work out my UHF control issues though. It triggered RTH at 3km unless I had the Tx antenna perfectly vertical. I just updated all the firmware on the radio, Tx, and Rx. And set the channel hops in quiet spots. -90db seemed to be the best I could get though (432-434mhz)
    Last edited by Golluk; 3rd February 2016 at 07:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Golluk View Post
    I think most people have made them permanent, or at least velcro/magnet attached instead of the two screws.

Biggest pain with taking them off is the servo wires. Though if you got them on extensions that can pull out a bit to disconnect, and tuck back in when its back together, that would seem reasonable.

The only good thing about the stock wing secure, is it's so easy to break, you'll be replacing snapped wing spares and a 1" glue job, rather than snapped wing.

I took a look at my DVR footage from my last flight that got to 3Km. The DVR was only getting the video signal from the Airblade, and not the 5 turn helical. It had me curious when it would lose signal. I still don't know, because it never did. >3km omni directional on 5.8Ghz 200mw is fairly impressive to me.

Still have to work out my UHF control issues though. It triggered RTH at 3km unless I had the Tx antenna perfectly vertical. I just updated all the firmware on the radio, Tx, and Rx. And set the channel hops in quiet spots. -90db seemed to be the best I could get though (432-434mhz)
    Which UHF may I ask?

Page 80 of 83 FirstFirst ... 30707879808182 ... LastLast