FPVLAB

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: This sucks, my lipo charger has ruined 3 batteries

Forum Member
    Volto, the Accucel 6 is only a 50w charger. Granted, that was my only one for a long time, but if you do a lot of flying, you might want something bigger. You will only be able to charge a 3S at 4 or 4.5 amps, even if you set it to the full 6.

Also something to note... you HAVE to plug in the main leads with the Turnigy chargers, unlike some others that will allow you to charge just through the balance lead.
    Last edited by SecretSpy711; 24th January 2013 at 01:04 PM.
    youtube.com/secretspy711
    [COLOR="#ff8c00"][B][COLOR="#696969"]CO[/COLOR]FPV[COLOR="#4169e1"].com[/COLOR][/B] [/COLOR]

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jerry.k View Post
    You are a brave soul for leaving a LiPo connected to anything overnight. It may have not been charging, but there are stories all over of people that do not respect the danger posed with LiPo's not handled properly.
    Yeah, but I figured lipo chargers would be designed to have lipos connected to them, since you know, that's what they are for and stuff.

Also I use a lipo bag.

Argh, I don't want to have to shell out big cash for a new charger :S

They do also have this 400w one that's only $60... but I also gotta buy some new batteries, this is looking expensive, lol.
    Don't steal, the government hates competition.

Forum Member
    This looks like a good compromise.
    http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=15167

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by volto View Post
    Yeah, but I figured lipo chargers would be designed to have lipos connected to them, since you know, that's what they are for and stuff.

Also I use a lipo bag.

Argh, I don't want to have to shell out big cash for a new charger :S

They do also have this 400w one that's only $60... but I also gotta buy some new batteries, this is looking expensive, lol.
    I have that charger.. I also have this one Imax B6

While the Turnigy is faster (charge and discharge), the only way to power the Turnigy is through those two leads coming out.. no integral 12v jack.. This seems to be more aimed at guys charging off car batteries out in the field. Or maybe there is not a good 12v psu that can keep up with the charge rates of this thing?

The Imax will only charge at up to 5amps but that is plenty good enough for all my stuff.. Imax is all "deans" connectors and the Turnigy "xt60" (balance and discharge are only 1amp)
    Last edited by RandallJ; 24th January 2013 at 03:24 PM.
    Poke it with a fork.. done...

Forum Member
    EC3 all the way! ;-) Cue the flamers.

I use a power supply from a PC modified with a light and a switch to output 12v from banana jacks. I just clip the alligators to those. I can get them for free by dumpster diving the electronics bins at the trash transfer station in my parents neighborhood. If anyone wants one, let me know.
    Last edited by SecretSpy711; 24th January 2013 at 07:34 PM.
    youtube.com/secretspy711
    [COLOR="#ff8c00"][B][COLOR="#696969"]CO[/COLOR]FPV[COLOR="#4169e1"].com[/COLOR][/B] [/COLOR]

Forum Member
    I would never leave a lipo plugged into anything overnight...let alone un watched... I have seen a lipo feed back through a crappy charger and fry a powr supply even though power supply was unplugged and charger wasn't suppose to let power feed back through. I have also seen quite a few lipo fires now. I run icharger i306B for all my charging...i would buy a good charger once rather then buying several cheaper chargers. I have had lots of cheap ones and now a hyperion, hitec and the icharger which i prefer the most.

Forum Member
    Dude, ditch it. Chargers are a pain to fix, donīt ask... I think charger tech is where the chinese lag behind big time... nevertheless I use them because they are so cheap and work most of the time. I have looked into a LOT of HK chargers, they are all basically the same sh!t inside...
    seeing the world through a security camera

Look for a Triton seriously, old tech that just works, and if to need to charge at more than 1c BUY MORE BATTERIES. if i ever charge above 1c its cause my video battery is a 460mah and my charger does .05 a increments.

never had a lipo fire that i didnt set myself, (knock on wood) which was pretty cool
    Last edited by paintz2007; 24th January 2013 at 10:26 PM.

Forum Member

Forum Member

Re: This sucks, my lipo charger has ruined 3 batteries

I had a passport..it was ok.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast