Page 3 of 243 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: The QAV400 FPV Quad Frame by Lumenier (formerly fpvmanuals)

Navigator
    Juz:

Do you see the same anti vibration characteristics in the 400 as you do in the 500?

It is smaller and has less mass, but I wonder if it still performs identically are better insofar as vibration free video is concerned.

Very interested in this frame due to the compact size and low weight. Is it limited to only the MT2212 / MT2208 or would it be possible to use the MT2216 that I currently use on my Discovery? From what I can tell from the motor schematics on the Tiger website, the 2212s and the 2216s appear to have the same diameter and mounting pattern. It appears that the 2216 is just slightly taller.

Also, is the max prop diameter 8" or can it accommodate 9" graupners?
    www.youtube.com/user/labcopilot

Quote Originally Posted by daskim View Post
    Juz:

Do you see the same anti vibration characteristics in the 400 as you do in the 500?

It is smaller and has less mass, but I wonder if it still performs identically are better insofar as vibration free video is concerned.
    Yes. I think it works better because of the smaller props. I got zero jello in 1080 even during high G manoeuvres. I didn't even balance the props.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/juz70

Just pre-ordered mine. I'm looking forward to getting my hands on this one. Nice job Tim!

Hey Juz, love the video showcasing the new QAV-400. How do you like the MT 2212-13 980kv motors with this frame? Looked like it handled very well, but I was curious to know what your thoughts were? Have you tried any other motors on this frame yet?

Quote Originally Posted by labcopilot View Post
    Very interested in this frame due to the compact size and low weight. Is it limited to only the MT2212 / MT2208 or would it be possible to use the MT2216 that I currently use on my Discovery? From what I can tell from the motor schematics on the Tiger website, the 2212s and the 2216s appear to have the same diameter and mounting pattern. It appears that the 2216 is just slightly taller.

Also, is the max prop diameter 8" or can it accommodate 9" graupners?
    You could try the MT-2216 -- they fit on the arms fine. The 8" prop size is not ideal for the 2216 though. The frame is designed for 8" props. However, if you take a look at the below picture, you can see additional holes in the bottom plates. These enable you to bolt on QAV500 arms, which are longer and will enable 9", 10", and possibly 11" props (not tested). If you do this, the frame is no longer symmetrical and you'll see the props in the video, but it makes the QAV400 somewhat compatible with the QAV500.

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestRob View Post
    Hey Juz, love the video showcasing the new QAV-400. How do you like the MT 2212-13 980kv motors with this frame? Looked like it handled very well, but I was curious to know what your thoughts were? Have you tried any other motors on this frame yet?
    Tim chose those motors for me to test out. I have only had a handful of flights over 2 days. But so far, I am very impressed. The Mt2212's on 4s with 8 inch graupners make the QAV400 a little rocket. While its running like this, I wont change a thing, so testing other motors probably won't happen soon, sorry. They may run a little hot. Lots more testing needed. I will try 8 inch gaui props soon to see how they perform.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/juz70

Announcing the QAV400 by fpvmanuals

Tim, when are we going to see a heavy lift hex frame? 800mm...

does it come with landing gear?
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmaplesong View Post
    When you're outraged at chatch, please don't quote his bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestRob View Post
    Just pre-ordered mine. I'm looking forward to getting my hands on this one. Nice job Tim!
    Thanks for your pre-order!

Quote Originally Posted by BacklashRC View Post
    Tim, when are we going to see a heavy lift hex frame? 800mm...
    Currently no plans for a 800mm frame.

Quote Originally Posted by chatch15117 View Post
    does it come with landing gear?
    Like for the QAV500, landing gear for the QAV400 is optional.