Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TBS DISCOVERY stock status - Christmas update

Forum Member

TBS DISCOVERY stock status - Christmas update

Hi everyone, hope you survived the end of the world just fine and are now in full prep for the next disaster: X-mas with the family

I just wanted to post this as an update as to why the TBS DISCOVERYs haven't been shipped out for such a long time and the scheduled 12th or 19th Dec have come and gone without any shipments going out.

We ordered a huge chunk of DISCOVERYs early November, scheduled for delivery late November. Due to Xmas troubles our manufacturer took a week longer to finish them, which was all good and we were scheduled to receive the DISCOVERYs on the 12th of Dec. They shipped around the 8th, the DISCOVERYs went to Hong Kong for processing and ... nothing happened. For a week we waited for the packages to clear Hong Kong. Impatiently we called FedEx to see what's up when we were told that the packages are outside of the processing warehouse because the warehouse from FedEx in HK is full and everything is FUBAR'ed.

So our manufacturer in China managed to recall the packages, get them shipped back to China and ship them out with DHL. Now, after another 3-4 days of waiting we finally got the status update TODAY that the packages are "processing" in Hong Kong. Normally this would mean the packages will be here by Tuesday (25th) but since it's Christmas I'm a little more careful with predictions. What I can say is that by Friday 28th we should have the DISCOVERYs in our warehouse and the following weekend has been reserved by all TBS members to get the pending orders shipped. I'm very sorry for the delays, we all realize that some of these 4-legged flying contraptions were supposed to be below a Christmas tree on the 24th/25th and we tried very hard to make this possible but we failed. We're doing our best to make up for this with very fast processing as soon as stock arrives.

Nevertheless, a happy new year and merry Christmas to everyone from myself and everyone at TBS.

Cheers,

Raphael // trappy

Forum Member
    Hi Trappy,

nothing you could do about it.

Thanks for the in depth update.

Hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

Hennisdk

Forum Member
    Yup, everything I've ordered from china or hong kong in the last month still says "Processing - Hong Kong"

So I guess "black friday" now starts on Thanksgiving, and Christmas doesn't happen until January... GOOD GOD, CHRISTMAS IS EATING UP THE CALENDAR!!! Well, have a nice Christmas everyone just the same...
    [QUOTE]"You can't take the sky from me"[/QUOTE]

Forum Member
    Good news. The DISCOVERYs are in Leipzig, Germany and left that warehouse 8 minutes ago. It looks like we're scheduled for the 25th or 26th! woop, woop!

Forum Member
    Nevermind.

Forum Member
    DronesVision still has some stock I think. GetFPV is all out. Check some of our other retailers, they may have some stock. We can only start shipping end of this week, and our shipment provider needs about 10 days to the US.

Forum Member
    Discovery TOP plates arrived, bottom plates stuck in Europe customs. So that means they're coming on the 27th ...

Forum Member
    Oh the updates are coming in by the minute ...
    24 Dec 12 5:10 PM - Clearance processing complete

If DHL delivers these despite christmas tomorrow, I think they will go down as the most epic courier service in history.

Forum Member
    Hey Trappy do the bottom plates have the COG marking updated?
    Just curios as a buddy sent me a pic and it appears to be moved on his.

Just want to make sure he sets the COG up correctly

Thanks

Forum Member
    no it's a center of thrust marking. slight difference. that's why the CG needs to be 15mm forward