Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: PZ0420 / CC1333 / Sony 600 Camera Settings and Information

Selective Fading.. Vintabilly_NS's Avatar

PZ0420 / CC1333 / Sony 600 Camera Settings and Information

Hi guys;
    I've been digging for information regarding several different settings for my PZ0420 cams from SC2000 and thought I'd share them. I'm pretty sure the menu is standard throughout most/some/all Sony Superhad chipsets with OSD.

White Balance
    ATW1: set color temperature 2500K 10000K
    ATW2: set color temperature 2000K 13000K
    AWC->SET: set color temperature by current illumination.
    MANUAL: Manual mode. User can change R and B Gain manually.
    INDOOR: Set color temp to 3200K then adjust red and blue as needed.
    OUTDOOR: Set the color temp to 6300K then adjust red and blue.

--------------------------------------------

What's this PED level anyway?

PED: pedestal level.

In standard analog video the Master Pedestal is the black reference for the video signal. It is a reference of the luminance.

PED control lifts black levels and affects brightness balance of the image.

This adjustment allows the user to slightly control the pedestal level which is set in the menu. This will change the black reference for the video signal and allow for either slightly raising the blacks or the crushing of them.

Graduation controls “sharpness, gamma, ped” can be used together to give a sharper or softer tone to an image.

Lower PED image values will have more contrast and become sharper. This can also be used to reduce haze in a scene.

Higher PED image settings lessen contrast and can increase a hazy or foggy look.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vintabillys_pz0420_5.jpg 
Views:	1954 
Size:	30.6 KB 
ID:	18325  

Vintabilly's PZ0420 Night Ops Settings

I posted this in the FPV Night Ops thread but thought I'd share them here in the PZ0420 settings/info thread.

Here are the settings that I use when I'm out flying Night FPV.

I use a PZ0420 with the RMRC Low Light lens. I lock the camera to color mode so that I keep the realism even though it's understood that allowing the camera to choose night mode will increase ground detail. The Christmas lights look lame in B&W though.

With these settings I can see stars, shooting stars, air traffic, all beacons, the moon, mars, and cell towers from the horizon. I'm only sacrificing the ability to see the ground in daytime detail.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vintabillys_pz0420_1.jpg 
Views:	2435 
Size:	35.7 KB 
ID:	18326   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vintabillys_pz0420_2.jpg 
Views:	2150 
Size:	31.3 KB 
ID:	18327   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vintabillys_pz0420_3.jpg 
Views:	2042 
Size:	38.9 KB 
ID:	18328   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vintabillys_pz0420_4.jpg 
Views:	1906 
Size:	37.7 KB 
ID:	18329   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vintabillys_pz0420_5.jpg 
Views:	1843 
Size:	30.6 KB 
ID:	18330  

Thnx, this is better than working my way through a youtube video
    Do not take life too seriously; you will never get out of it alive

Thanks for the PED info, I never knew what that setting did.

I had problems with dull colours on my PZ0420 until I figured it out over the weekend. The trick to get vibrant colours is to change White Balance to Manual, then adjust the Blue and Red until you're happy with it. The same settings worked for me in different light conditions (overcast / sunny / late afternoon). I'll play around with my settings some more, but for now I'm very happy.

Edit: Updated 25 January 2014. These are the settings I use now on the CC1333 (same cam as PZ0420):

Here's a sample video with the above settings:

Last edited by Maximus; 25th January 2014 at 02:24 PM.

ive been saying this for a couple years now. cut all the "automatic" crap off and balance the camera manually. it makes a huge difference. $35 dollar board cameras have better/more realistic colors & brightness than $100 dollar cameras left in automatic.

nice job on the night settings. i have to leave low level on tho because it gets very hard to see what's up around here without city light in base paper colors at night.

Holy crap guys.. I didn't realize that the manual colors could produce such good results.

@ toysrme: I only started leaving BLC ON the other evening and it brought out much more in the ground detail. I smucked the ground on takeoff last night before a snow storm so I'm out for a few days. Can't wait to try MANUAL on the cams.

EDIT: BLC ON is in reference to night ops.

na i got cha.
    i just don't get the opportunity to fly at night in areas lit well enough to make night settings, so im glad you did!

I really need to tune my cam again. I used to play a lot with the osd board until I got a little board doing so. Normally I just take a white sheet of paper and balance out the camera on the field. thanks for the screen shot posts. I'll try these out tomorrow.
    Whaka's Tinkerings blog --> http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread.php?36623-Whaka-s-Tinkering&p=631753#post631753
    Battle H Virus (home build basher quad tutorial) --> ]http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread.php?12544-Tutorial-Battle-H-Virus
    Range record on 5.8ghz 200mw 24km --> http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1441664

The one thing I know how to do well with FPV - crash. All in a day of fun!
    I believe landing is a full body experience .... I do my best to aim for your body.

best thing i always found to tune on was a shot outside with some green and red. plants & dirt work great for me. once you do it once in manual, you really shouldn't have to fiddle with it anymore from sunup to sundown. its just setting the camera up to expose correctly at that point.

Yes, turn AWB off and tune it before you fly. I've been using the IR enabled one, but I've got an IR one blocked on the way that I cant' wait to try. Nice colors in those pictures Moelich73

Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast