Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 54

Thread: Fatshark attitude sd diagonal lines in video.

  1. #41
    Navigator
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by FatShark View Post
    If you want a fix, open a ticket at www.fatshark.com/support with your address and contact phone number and I'll mail you out a replacement Vin PCB (AVin PCB on the right side of the headset) with the 22uH inductor added into the power supply rail. Its easy to swap out.
    Wow that is good support! I guess I'll open up a support ticket then... Is the PCB different or is the inductor added to the identical board?

  2. #42
    Navigator OhmEye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Maui, Hawaii
    Posts
    288
    Quote Originally Posted by FatShark View Post
    If you want a fix, open a ticket at www.fatshark.com/support with your address and contact phone number and I'll mail you out a replacement Vin PCB (AVin PCB on the right side of the headset) with the 22uH inductor added into the power supply rail. Its easy to swap out.
    Thanks for digging into this, great response! I'm curious, was the 22uH inductor added at some time to production units, and do currently shipping Attitudes have it? If I understand correctly the symptom may or may not occur depending on the device connected to AV out and I wonder if I may run into the issue in the future. If newer Attitudes have the fix, is there a simple way for me to determine if my brand new set has it? And if mine do not have it, can I request a replacement Vin PCB to ease my mind that I won't run into the problem down the road?

  3. #43
    Fatshark AU/NZ Repairs hpcoolahan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Yamba nsw...Australia
    Posts
    5,611
    Quote Originally Posted by FatShark View Post
    Ok, I figured out the issue; the AVout is picking up supply line noise on the input PCB (display not affected as the LCD driver cable is short and close to the regulator filtering). Due to differences in switching regulators, some units are not affected at all and some are mildly annoying.
    It has nothing to do with the video levels changing in the display when you plug in an external device; that's to be expected since devices range from 75 ohms to 150 ohms (150 ohms in the Japan DVR I just got) so connecting an external device with a mismatch will change the voltage divider levels in the display resulting in a change of brightness.
    If you want a fix, open a ticket at www.fatshark.com/support with your address and contact phone number and I'll mail you out a replacement Vin PCB (AVin PCB on the right side of the headset) with the 22uH inductor added into the power supply rail. Its easy to swap out.
    This is what i call dedication !!!
    Thanks Greg for figuring it out , i know some of us are a pain , but you found the issue for some of us and worked out a fix ....bravo !!!!
    I shall put in a ticket , thank you!!
    Australia post: "delivering packages the day after you need them since 1809"

    "Light travels faster than sound -- thats why some people appear bright until you hear them speak" - Albert Einstein.

  4. #44
    Navigator OhmEye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Maui, Hawaii
    Posts
    288
    Quote Originally Posted by FatShark View Post
    If you want a fix, open a ticket at www.fatshark.com/support with your address and contact phone number and I'll mail you out a replacement Vin PCB (AVin PCB on the right side of the headset) with the 22uH inductor added into the power supply rail. Its easy to swap out.
    Excellent troubleshooting and response! I'm curious, is there any chance that my brand new Attitudes already have this Vin PCB with the 22uH inductor, and if so how can I verify it? If I understand correctly the symptom may or may not happen depending on the specific device connected to AV out. If my set doesn't have the new Vin PCB, am I able to request a replacement to have piece of mind that I won't encounter the issue in the future with some device connected to AV out?

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by FatShark View Post
    Ok, I figured out the issue; the AVout is picking up supply line noise on the input PCB (display not affected as the LCD driver cable is short and close to the regulator filtering). Due to differences in switching regulators, some units are not affected at all and some are mildly annoying.
    It has nothing to do with the video levels changing in the display when you plug in an external device; that's to be expected since devices range from 75 ohms to 150 ohms (150 ohms in the Japan DVR I just got) so connecting an external device with a mismatch will change the voltage divider levels in the display resulting in a change of brightness.
    If you want a fix, open a ticket at www.fatshark.com/support with your address and contact phone number and I'll mail you out a replacement Vin PCB (AVin PCB on the right side of the headset) with the 22uH inductor added into the power supply rail. Its easy to swap out.
    Great find Greg! Thanks for solving the minor problem so fast I just submitted a support ticket as well. Can't wait to get the replacement. Do you need the old one back?

  6. #46
    Navigator
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Highlands Ranch, CO
    Posts
    304
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonytypes View Post
    Great find Greg! Thanks for solving the minor problem so fast I just submitted a support ticket as well. Can't wait to get the replacement. Do you need the old one back?
    Fatshark sure does go out of their way to provide great customer service.

    Did the replacement PCB with the additional inductor resolve the diagonal line issue? The same thing occurs in my video feed, unfortunately.

    What about the video dimming when plugging in a DVR due to the impedance mismatch? Did you add a large shunt resistor from video to ground to fix this, or perhaps come across a different solution?

    Thanks!

  7. #47
    Navigator
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Highlands Ranch, CO
    Posts
    304
    I submitted a ticket (#525) on the website provided in this thread about a week ago and haven't heard anything back. Should I attempt to contact Fatshark through the support email in order to request the replacement Vin PCB? Thanks!

  8. #48
    Fatshark AU/NZ Repairs hpcoolahan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Yamba nsw...Australia
    Posts
    5,611
    Quote Originally Posted by Zangetsu57 View Post
    I submitted a ticket (#525) on the website provided in this thread about a week ago and haven't heard anything back. Should I attempt to contact Fatshark through the support email in order to request the replacement Vin PCB? Thanks!
    Please re-submit your ticket to the propper address, That was our OLD ticket system, from last year.
    its support@fatshark.com
    Thats why i havent seen your ticket come up.
    Cheers
    Patrick
    Australia post: "delivering packages the day after you need them since 1809"

    "Light travels faster than sound -- thats why some people appear bright until you hear them speak" - Albert Einstein.

  9. #49
    Navigator
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Highlands Ranch, CO
    Posts
    304
    Quote Originally Posted by hpcoolahan View Post
    Please re-submit your ticket to the propper address, That was our OLD ticket system, from last year.
    its support@fatshark.com
    Thats why i havent seen your ticket come up.
    Cheers
    Patrick
    Thanks Patrick - I didn't realize that. I'll submit a ticket to the email you listed.

  10. #50
    Navigator
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Highlands Ranch, CO
    Posts
    304
    Hello everyone,

    Just a follow-up: the new Vin PCB, provided by Fatshark, seems to have removed the diagonal line noise that was present! The feed and recordings look much cleaner now, at least from the limited bench testing I've done (still need to check outdoors in different lighting). I have a couple videos recorded from my PV700 DVR, which show the noise in the video feed before and after. Unfortunately when I upload the noisy video to YouTube, the noise is automatically filtered out, so I need to find another way to share the video.

Similar Threads

  1. FatShark Attitude- Blue frame around the image on the LCD
    By palankaizs in forum Fat Shark R/C Vision Systems
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11th December 2012, 02:00 AM
  2. Horizontal Scrolling lines in video
    By NAVET97 in forum IFR - Video Link Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 13th November 2012, 01:25 AM
  3. Fatshark attitude interference with 72mhz
    By Asymair95 in forum Fat Shark R/C Vision Systems
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 9th November 2012, 06:52 PM
  4. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 20th July 2012, 07:18 PM
  5. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 5th December 2011, 06:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •