Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Fatshark attitude sd diagonal lines in video.

Navigator
    I also have the exact same problem with my Attitude SD goggles. Diagonal lines in video only when video out is used. Does not matter what I connect to, it is the same to my TV, old TV (fat size), DVR recorder and computer screen (Dell). The problem must lie within the goggles video splitter circuit or something which could also explain the the small change in brightness visible when connecting the video out cable. I might try to bypass the onboard electronics with a DIY video splitter, but first I'll try to install the TBS Dominator 5G8 rx which I have one coming my way soon. See if that helps...
    Anyone except 'fatshark' that doesn't have this problem?

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by FatShark View Post
    What voltage is your camera? Most security cameras are 12V. You are currently supplying the camera 5V from the TX.
    Help...everything is connected correctly but all I get is white static in the goggles? Its plugged directly to the gp3...per the readymaderc cable the orange is video and brown is ground...which I have it wired but all I get is static...sorry I'm new to fatshark...

Did you turn the RX off? If the RX is on, it displays video from the receiver, when the RX is switched off it displays video from the wired AV port. The RX switch is the little slide switch on the bottom left.

Navigator
    i forget which way is off but yeah i toggles that switch at the bottom on and off and all i get is static image. i know its user error but not sure where is error is happening.

and for some reason i cant attach the picture of my wiring....

Unplug the video cable from the AV jack on the goggles. Turn the RX switch on and off, in one position the video displayed should be black. It displayed black (no static) when the RX is off and no external video signal. Plug the video cable back into the AV jack, It should display the video. If it changes from black to static, I'm not sure what is going on. Static or "snow" is noise from a RX with no signal.

Fatshark AU/NZ Repairs hpcoolahan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by helifan View Post
    Help...everything is connected correctly but all I get is white static in the goggles? Its plugged directly to the gp3...per the readymaderc cable the orange is video and brown is ground...which I have it wired but all I get is static...sorry I'm new to fatshark...
    Please start a seperate thread for this , as it has nothing to do with the original topic and keeps this thread clean.
    Australia post: "delivering packages the day after you need them since 1809"

"Light travels faster than sound -- thats why some people appear bright until you hear them speak" - Albert Einstein.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by hpcoolahan View Post
    Please start a seperate thread for this , as it has nothing to do with the original topic and keeps this thread clean.
    Do you happen to have a Attitude SD set, which you can test for diagonal lines when having A/V out for recording (test in TV anything if you don't have a recorder)...

Fatshark AU/NZ Repairs hpcoolahan's Avatar
    If you read back a few pages you'll see i get the same issue.
    Only when video out is used.
    Video in the goggles dulls , and diagonal lines (faint to be sure) but the are there.
    I thought it might be interference in the cable that joins up with the RCA's going to my recorder, so i made up a custom shielded cable .but i still get it .
    There not that bad , it's just annoying .

Nothing to affect flying or anything , just bugs me a bit !! lol

Ill post up a short vid in the next couple of days on it .

EDIT : no need now , thanks Greg
    Last edited by hpcoolahan; 20th October 2013 at 04:53 AM.
    Australia post: "delivering packages the day after you need them since 1809"

"Light travels faster than sound -- thats why some people appear bright until you hear them speak" - Albert Einstein.

Wireless video evangelist FatShark's Avatar
    Ok, I figured out the issue; the AVout is picking up supply line noise on the input PCB (display not affected as the LCD driver cable is short and close to the regulator filtering). Due to differences in switching regulators, some units are not affected at all and some are mildly annoying.
    It has nothing to do with the video levels changing in the display when you plug in an external device; that's to be expected since devices range from 75 ohms to 150 ohms (150 ohms in the Japan DVR I just got) so connecting an external device with a mismatch will change the voltage divider levels in the display resulting in a change of brightness.
    If you want a fix, open a ticket at www.fatshark.com/support with your address and contact phone number and I'll mail you out a replacement Vin PCB (AVin PCB on the right side of the headset) with the 22uH inductor added into the power supply rail. Its easy to swap out.
    FatShark - RC vision systems - www.fatshark.com

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by hpcoolahan View Post
    If you read back a few pages you'll see i get the same issue.
    Only when video out is used.
    My bad, I read the entire post for some while ago, but there has been no answers for a while so I forgot =).

Anyways, I'm still waiting for my TBS receiver to arrive, will report back if exchanging RX will help. I really like the attitudes apart from those damn lines, as you say, they're faint but annoying. And the slight dimming, but I could live with that...

My previous experience with diagonal lines has always been that they appear when using some sort of switching regulator in the wrong configuration, but this issue is quite different it seems like.
    Another theory could be that the signal of the A/V out gets distorted while running across one side of the goggles (from RX) to the other where the jack is. Doing some change to signal and ground wiring might help. Maybe twisting wires etc. I'll report back if I figure something out, but switching RX is priority to try before I chop things up =)
    Last edited by Devourer; 20th October 2013 at 03:47 AM.