Thread: Making a Phantom 2 work with FatShark

Navigator

Making a Phantom 2 work with FatShark

I have a Phantom 2 HD-3D with FPV. It has the Datalink module, blue tooth for the iPad App, Black Pearl video monitor. I bought the V2 FatShark Goggles and then bought the crossover wire connection but when i powered up the system, the Fatshark Transmitter which I had replaced on the Phantom, immediately shorted out or whatever, I saw smoke and immediatly pulled the battery pack.

So that I do not make this mistake again, what is the proper procedure for making my Phantom 2, HD-3D, FPV work with the Fatshark Goggles. I really need some help on this so that I don't short anything else out or again.

Thanks,
    A.O.2012

Navigator
    What is this crossover cable? Can you send us a link?

Navigator
    http://www.firstpersonview.co.uk/cab...ni-transmitter

I forgot to mention that the transmitters clear plastic covering came off, so I put the doubled sided tape on the circuit board side, not the side with the FatShark emblem and flat surface. I did not think that the 3m double stick tape would short anything out, so I stuck it on that side, that was the side that the transmitter shorted out on. there is a marking on the circuit board side marked L1 and that is what shorted out and smoked. It is right above the small rectangular looking box, yellow, marked, A4774 on top line, second line reads, 101HS. I have no idea what either stand for, but that gives you the location of the part of the board that shorted..

Navigator
    Did you have an antenna on your fatshark vtx before powering everything up? If not, this could be the reason. Other thing to check is the polarity of the cross-over cable match the FS vtx ones. Don't just rely on colour, check the pin-out details first.

Also, you say that the clear plastic covering came off. Did you cut this off or was it damaged in a crash?

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by TomC View Post
    Did you have an antenna on your fatshark vtx before powering everything up? If not, this could be the reason. Other thing to check is the polarity of the cross-over cable match the FS vtx ones. Don't just rely on colour, check the pin-out details first.

Also, you say that the clear plastic covering came off. Did you cut this off or was it damaged in a crash?
    No crash and not cut off, the plastic coating on the transmitter came off on it's own. It came off due to double side tape originally. The Fatshark antenna was in place when I powered everything up. On the Goggles and the transmitter.

The cross over cable was as it should be, but what I am wandering is if the 3m double stick tape could be responsible for the shorting out of the diode on the board.