www.immersionrc.com

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: 12/16 Channels EzUHF: Finally!!!

SpiderSense,
    I just wanted to thank you again for your help.

sure thing. i only figured it out myself last night. been trying to gather the information for a while and went through the pain myself. i even bought the ezuhf but haven't installed it until last night because i couldn't find a ppm decoder in the states. turns out i didn't need one. not much clear information out there so i'm glad i could help.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderSense View Post
    sure thing. i only figured it out myself last night. been trying to gather the information for a while and went through the pain myself. i even bought the ezuhf but haven't installed it until last night because i couldn't find a ppm decoder in the states. turns out i didn't need one. not much clear information out there so i'm glad i could help.
    I did a test flight this afternoon and everything worked as planned.
    Thx again for your help.

Navigator
    So, how exactly do I add additional channels? Do I purchase an additional 4 ch rx, put a servo connector from one of the 8 ch diversity channels to the added 4 ch rx, then not add an antenna to the 4 ch rx? I'm unclear as to the simplest method or any method of whats going on for that matter. Thanks

12/16 Channels EzUHF: Finally!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bRandom View Post
    So, how exactly do I add additional channels? Do I purchase an additional 4 ch rx, put a servo connector from one of the 8 ch diversity channels to the added 4 ch rx, then not add an antenna to the 4 ch rx? I'm unclear as to the simplest method or any method of whats going on for that matter. Thanks
    All ezuhf rx support 12 channels with the publicly available firmware. I suspect that you are confusing the number of channels vs number of pinouts. This is probably partly due to immersionrc calling the models as 4-ch or 8-ch, rather than. 4-port or 8-port.

The simplest way for you to get all 12 channels on individual pins would be to get a ppm decoder like this: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...verter_V2.html

Using that decoder, configure the ezuhf to output ppm on one port. Connect that port to the decoder, configure decoder for mode 2 (ppm to pwm) and you get 12 individual channels.

Navigator
    Stringer thank you sooo much for your reply with link!!! I was exactly confused by the # of pinouts.

sub
    Volantex Raptor v1
    Blade Nano qx FPV
    Hoverthings VC-450 camo frame with DJI NAZA M v1 (no GPS)

RMRC-600xv flight camera & Mobius HD recording camera on tilt gimbal & RMRC 1.3GHz 300mW vtx
    RMRC vrx with upgraded SAW filter, 1.3GHz optimized 8dBi patch antenna, Lumenier DX600 dvr, & Skyzone goggles
    Turnigy 9xr radio connected to Saitek x52 joystick & throttle set with EZuhf & 8 channel diversity reciever, or DX7s/DX5e

Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    All ezuhf rx support 12 channels with the publicly available firmware. I suspect that you are confusing the number of channels vs number of pinouts. This is probably partly due to immersionrc calling the models as 4-ch or 8-ch, rather than. 4-port or 8-port.

The simplest way for you to get all 12 channels on individual pins would be to get a ppm decoder like this: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...verter_V2.html

Using that decoder, configure the ezuhf to output ppm on one port. Connect that port to the decoder, configure decoder for mode 2 (ppm to pwm) and you get 12 individual channels.
    One of the things people miss is that when you connect a decoder the other 3 (or 7) ports on the RX are still available for connections. This makes it TRIVIAL to mount the RX in the wing because the aileron can go to the rx and a single PPM wire goes to the fuselage and the decoder. This way you get the best rx location along with simple wiring. It works very well and I've used the layout on MANY planes.
    KF7SKL,TechPod/Walrus/250mmQuad/HoneyBadger, EZUHF,SL-AAT, 1G3/2G4/5G8

Navigator
    Hucker... did you also use the above linked hobbyking decoder? Is that the best one quality wise in both of your opinions? Thanks for the great tip!

Navigator
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mig6.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	107.8 KB 
ID:	53310Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mig2.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	128.3 KB 
ID:	53311Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mig5.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	77.0 KB 
ID:	53312