Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fat Shark Spy Hawk Support Thread

Wireless video evangelist FatShark's Avatar
    The bundle I made has its own specially designed TX to work with Fat Shark goggles.
    FatShark - RC vision systems - www.fatshark.com

Hello, I have a problem, so I've bought a Spyhawk with the Fat Shark bundle some days ago, builded it and tried a ground check and then I saw that the video worked fine but the receiver didn't, after about 10meters I couldn't control the plane anymore, first I thought that it was a problem with the receiver and now I've just seen that from all the picture of the Spy Hawk there is a white antenna on the bottom of the plane, I doesn't have this antenna. Is this normal ? Why can't I control it further than 10meters ?

Thank you

the antenna in the photo you are referring to is the standard 5G8 transmitter - your plane is equipped with the 5G8 transmitter mounted to the top of the plane. The 2G4 RC receiver is in the plane. Are you using fresh Alkaline batteries for the RC transmitter?

Quote Originally Posted by FatShark View Post
    the antenna in the photo you are referring to is the standard 5G8 transmitter - your plane is equipped with the 5G8 transmitter mounted to the top of the plane. The 2G4 RC receiver is in the plane. Are you using fresh Alkaline batteries for the RC transmitter?
    Is the 2G4 RC receiver the little (2/3 cm) black string in the front of the plane ?

I did bought some fresh batteries I also tried changing them with some other fresh batteries, nothing change. I can't control the plane over 10meters.. but the Fatshark goggles works fine.

The only thing I can think that would cause short range on the control is the receiver antenna connection. Does the antenna connection to the board look damaged or broken? Can you snap a photo?

I have sended it back from where I bought it.. i'm waiting for them to tell me what's wrong.

Okay so they told me that the Spyhawk did have a range problem and they're going to send me a new one.

Have a wonderful day

Hi,
    I bought one of these and trying to read as much as I can on this setup. It seems there is not much info available yet. Just out of curiosity: How does this plane differ from the Hubsan plane except for the Vx Tx that you changed to better combine with the goggles(that suites me)? In the hubsan thread at rcgroups I see there are some people having range problems with their setups. looking at some picture it seems that Rx antenna is very close to a lot of wires and very close ot the Vx Tx as well. is there anything we can do to improve the range?
    thanks
    wynand

Navigator

Fat Shark Dominator to Futaba 8U cable?

have two redios a Hitec Aurora 9 (2.4G) and my old Futaba 8U (72 mhz). I have heard that the Aurora 9 cannot work for head tracking so I am considering using the Futaba 8U. The channels can be individually assigned to the trainer FUNC on a 8U.

Two questions:

1.) would you recommend staying on 72mhz or putting in a 2.4G module?
    2.) is there a source for a data cable, the Futaba 8U has the old style round trainer port?

thanks,

Brad

Hello! So, i have found spyhawk airplane in woods and i whant to know if its posible, to buy only glases and controller?