PDA

View Full Version : Need rmrc recommendation on LRS

SkinWalk3r
22nd October 2012, 12:28 AM
hi guys..

I have the 1.3ghz Lawmate 1000mw vtx with stock rubber duck antenna and Lawmate rx with the 8dbi patch antenna from you guys. Everything is running fine on my quad. I have the vtx on a cut down yard stick so that it sits above the quad about 12 inches !

Soon I plan on sticking this in my Zephyr ii flying wing. The vtx is going on the left wing tip and my right wing tip has a slot for the rx.

I would like to get the EzUHF system. Do you see any conflicts with the 1.3 ghz video and UHF tx ?

Which antennas should I get ...looks like you are out of the stock ones that come with the EZUHF ?

BTW I have the older style Futaba 10chg that has the modular 2.4ghz pk.

McCleary.11
23rd October 2012, 11:56 PM
The new EZuhf receivers come with their own monopole antennas, so you don't need to worry about that. You shouldn't have a problem with 1.3. Some have trouble when trying to use cheap equipment with these frequencies, but you should be fine. The 10cg will be perfectly fine here. A Futaba plug comes in the transmitter box.

DesJardins
24th October 2012, 08:22 PM
Mines in the cart, can't wait

kalikraven
24th October 2012, 09:00 PM
I've been debating Dragon Link vs EZUHF... Either their are a lot of happy Dragon Link people or they have a small market share. My point being is I see a lot of problem threads with EZUHF but not so much with Dragon Link. Again, this does not mean that one is better than the other. If EZUHF has ten times the numbers in use then of course your going to see more problems...

Nate21
10th November 2012, 09:24 PM
I dunno about DL support, but ImmersionRC is quick to help out with issues. Something to consider.

sl4ppy
10th November 2012, 09:40 PM
I dunno about DL support, but ImmersionRC is quick to help out with issues. Something to consider.

That's IF they acknowledge you have an issue....

ke123
10th November 2012, 10:12 PM
I bet there are more DL users than ezUHF

Howemd
10th November 2012, 10:58 PM
I'm currently researching which LRS to get. My plan is to fly with 1-3 miles on circular antennas (mostly low level) just for fun. EZUHF is winning my vote as I haven't heard/read many folks having problems. Am I missing something?

ke123
10th November 2012, 11:55 PM
See sl4ppy's post above and
http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5274

A couple of guys seem to be getting the cold shoulder with their problems despite some fairly thorough troubleshooting

Howemd
12th November 2012, 11:26 AM
It seems there are folks using every LRS that are having problems though. To me it sounds like no different that the Hitec, Futaba, Spektrum debates. The biggest reason I'm leaning toward EZUHF over Dragonlink is local availability.

Nate21
12th November 2012, 12:21 PM
Yeah, you are right Howemd. Sometimes due to the LRS equipment but mostly due to other things interfering or poor antennas. I had a rough start with LRS myself but have mostly sorted it now. I had the initial impression that all the LRS systems were bullet proof guaranteed long range but it's just not that simple.

ssassen
12th November 2012, 12:24 PM
See sl4ppy's post above and
http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5274

A couple of guys seem to be getting the cold shoulder with their problems despite some fairly thorough troubleshooting

Cold shoulder? I'm sorry?

SkinWalk3r
12th November 2012, 12:59 PM
Cold shoulder? I'm sorry?

he is saying your were wearing a sleeveles shirt so your shoulders were cold.:p

ke123
12th November 2012, 01:40 PM
As in getting ignored, deprioritized. Rotormonkey for example.
Apologies if that isn't the case.

swillhide
12th November 2012, 02:22 PM
Sassy wearing a wife beater? I am far from trying to jump on the bandwagon but I havent even flown my EzUhf and am happy with the way it works. This puppy bench test well so far. And all my other Immersion gear is flawless.