PDA

View Full Version : FPV cam replacement issue

ferdous7466
24th June 2011, 02:10 AM
Hi, i use Hk 900mhz 1500mw fpv retup. i am not satisfied with the camera standard. Can anyone suggest how to change the stock camera with any digital cameras?:confused:

aaron_gx
24th June 2011, 10:20 AM
find a cam you want to use and then post back - procedure will be different if you choose a 5v camera or a 12v camera.

IBCrazy
1st July 2011, 07:34 AM
Get this camera: http://www.securitycamera2000.com/products/600TVL-SONY-SUPER-HAD-CCD-D%252dWDR-Board-Camera-With-Wire%252dControl-OSD-DNR.html

Set the D-WDR to "on" and forget any other settings. You will not find a better camera. Period!

-Alex

Dallibab
1st July 2011, 08:46 AM
I have to agree about that camera.
I have dx201's on my two planes and whilst they are very
Good then work best in perfect bright light which I don't get that often in the uk its always cloudy. Also in
Low light they are not very good. I just built a plane for a friend and put the 600tvl cam on it and loved the picture so much better. I have read people complaining about the colour reproduction but I would rather see details and couldn't care less if the colours are correct or not as long as I can see what's going on.

Crash
1st July 2011, 09:29 AM
The aiptek GVS is what I fly with. It's a little bit more expensive but it does live out and records in HD at the same time and I think the picture quality is better than the gopro all the way around. It has the best live out picture I have ever seen. It's made by Beladog here on the forums.

When I'm not using that camera, which is rare now, I use the 600TVL camera from securitycamera2000.com for $60 and it's an awesome camera, day, night, clouds, sun, everything.

Blackrat
1st July 2011, 09:37 AM
im using a 480tvl osd cam atm, is the 600tvl alot better ? or just a bit ?

would you recommend it getting one ? would love a 69 tbs but ouch , $$$

Crash
1st July 2011, 10:23 AM
http://www.securitycamera2000.com/products/600TVL-Sony-CCD-Wide-Dynamic-Range-Color-Board-Camera-OSD-Menu.html

That's the one I have. I'm on number two now and I love the camera. I will always have one of these around. I will get some video up tonight from this camera.

Blackrat
1st July 2011, 12:11 PM
look forward to the vid, ta

that vid on trappy's page is amazing , but its shot in sunshine .. would love to see it in overcast and lowlight conditions just to compare

Blackrat
1st July 2011, 12:37 PM
can you remove the osd keypad from the cam before flight ?

Dallibab
1st July 2011, 02:13 PM
Yes just plugs in to configure

whakahere
1st July 2011, 07:18 PM
I use the same one as alex but with a different osd http://www.securitycamera2000.com/products/600TVL-SONY-SUPER-HAD-CCD-D%252dWDR-Color-Board-Camera-with-OSD-Menu-DNR.html

I have flown it in bright sun, cloud, dusk and a mix of all and it runs damn well. I played around with the colours and have great pictures and awesome light handling. It goes through shadows and high light no problem.

securitycamera2000
24th August 2011, 11:23 PM
The aiptek GVS is what I fly with. It's a little bit more expensive but it does live out and records in HD at the same time and I think the picture quality is better than the gopro all the way around. It has the best live out picture I have ever seen. It's made by Beladog here on the forums.

When I'm not using that camera, which is rare now, I use the 600TVL camera from securitycamera2000.com for $60 and it's an awesome camera, day, night, clouds, sun, everything.

wow, it is our great honor to receive your compliment.We are so happy to hear that. :)

securitycamera2000
24th August 2011, 11:26 PM
I use the same one as alex but with a different osd http://www.securitycamera2000.com/products/600TVL-SONY-SUPER-HAD-CCD-D%252dWDR-Color-Board-Camera-with-OSD-Menu-DNR.html

I have flown it in bright sun, cloud, dusk and a mix of all and it runs damn well. I played around with the colours and have great pictures and awesome light handling. It goes through shadows and high light no problem.

Hi, whakahere, great to see you again here in this forum.:D

LoL, "it runs damn well", tks for saying that~