PDA

View Full Version : Defective Guardian?? Horizon goes crazy... (even without running prop)

docMaunz
3rd September 2012, 02:04 PM
Hi,

my Guardian seems to be defective... when flying my X8, the horizon indicator is just everywhere but NOT at the horizon! The same happens when testing at home without running the motor. So it`s not a problem of vibrations.

It works great when I point the plane in one direction and bounce it a bit but when I rotate it 360 on the bench it needs up to 5 seconds to level the horizon correctly. The horizon also needs some seconds to level after powering up the system.

Im running the latest firmware, tried to reflash and even tried it in my EasyGlider but nothing seems to work...

Is there anything I can do about it? :confused:

Cheers
Sebastian

EAGLETREE
5th September 2012, 06:33 PM
Hi Sebastian,

Would you be able to post a short video showing what the AHI is doing? That will help in narrowing down the issue.

docMaunz
8th September 2012, 01:49 PM
Hello,

thanks for your reply. Here is the video... it shows the very slow guardian. The AHI needs seconds to level.
I hope you can help me...

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5qRPFdcpKjU" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="480" width="853"></iframe>

cheers
Sebastian

EAGLETREE
11th September 2012, 03:30 PM
Hi Sebastian,

Please see my response on "that other forum." :)